Route Fuengirola to Santander

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by woodstock, Dec 9, 2015.

1. woodstock

woodstock Funster

Looking for good route from Fuengirola to santander with overnight stops.

2. Teuchter

Teuchter Funster

A7/AP7 - A92 (M)/AP46 - A44/E902 - A4/E5 to Aranjuez - 300 miles - Camping Internacional - open all year - good site

( if 300 miles is too far then stop en route at camping despenaperros in Jaen 140 miles from Fuengirola and 175 miles from Aranjuez)

Aranjuez to Burgos A1/E5 190 miles - Camping Fuentes Blancas - open all year looks a good site

Burgos to Santander N627 - A67 110 miles ( if you need a good site near Santander - Camping Santillana del Mar open all year)

• Like Like x 1
  3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. woodstock

woodstock Funster

Sorry no

• Like Like x 1
  5. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

6. Bridget

Bridget Funster

I did the Aranjuez and Burgos stops last week via these routes. Fabulous drive. Excellent site at Aranjuez and walk/cycle by river into interesting town with palace. Also went to really friendly vets here for pet passport, 20 euro for worming and flea treatment and health check.

Fuentes blanca at Burgos is a grass site. Although it is in a wooded area it backs onto the main road so it was a little noisy at night. There were 2 toilet blocks open.but the one nearest touring area had heating and hot water turned off.....couldn't bring myself to have a freezing shower! Later learnt that block by chalets was hot.

Would have liked to have stayed at both of these sites longer to explore the area.

Not got my books with me at mo (I'm at a hotel in Brighton ) but also stumbled across a lovely site at Base of mountains when I left ap7 to get fuel

Apologies for the ramble:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Aranjuez is well worth a visit in its own right, allow yourself a couple of days to explore the place. Camping site is also good and is in the ACSI book I believe.

Alan