Route assistance

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Wyaye wires, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Due across La Manche on the 31st of this month heading for Parc Verger. My initial route was via Rouen and Le Mans, however, after reading previous posts I am concerned that Rouen may cause me extreme stress if traffic restrictions are still in place. :Blush:
    Does anyone have an update or advice on other routes I could take. :thumb:
    Many thanks in anticipation.:Smile:

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Hi Howie, we stay at montreuil sur mer about 45 mins from Calais. Then onto forges les eaux an air wth all the leckie you can eat for 6.50 Euro. Then we overnight at a free air at lamotte-beuvron. All nice towns. Then onto PARC Verger.
    All non toll!

Hpoe this helps and look forward to seeing you! :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

There is really no stress involved just common sense needed,,,
    When you get to Rouen and coming out of the long tunnel you will be faced with the road closure and it will divert you up a side ramp to the right. At the Top is a "T" junction, turn left and then straight over the next lights.. Head toward the church on the right, go past the church and after the bend you will have the road signs for Evreux.. Simples..
    If you have sat nav get it programmed for pont de l'arche and follow that.. This is the old N road and easy to follow..
    Head for Evreux, Chartes and then N10 south. Blois, Chateauroux and then straight down the free A20. Good roads all the way and plenty of aires..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Thanks Ken. Is there anything we can bring over for you? (within reason) :thumb:

5. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Many thanks Tonka, seems straight forward enough, :thumb: until I stuff it up!!! :Blush: First time abroad with the Van. :Eeek:

6. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

No thanks Howie we are fine but thanks for the offer :thumb:

7. tonka

• Like Like x 1
  8. laneside

laneside Funster

Hey you two enjoy your trip which ever way you choose to go, it is so easy once across the channel.

If you want to look at our route that avoids Rouen which Heyupluv calls the old farts route head towards the aire at Mialleraye sur Seine where for a few euros you can relax and watch the ships pass by.

If you walk a short way in to the village and look on your left there is a vets that offers cheap rates for repatriation of your wired hairs on the return at reasonable rates.

Only one thing matters and that is ENJOY and please keep us posted as we just may be able to meet up somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Rouen

Although heading for a different destination to you, I have found Rouen to be very well sign posted when approaching from the Boulogne direction (toll free)

Russell

10. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Will you be staying a few days at Parc Verger?
    I'd love to come and visit , but have to know the dates of your last week end there!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

11. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Thanks Tonka. I've just spent a couple of hours getting lost in Rouen; on Google maps, it's filling me with great confidence that I now know that I can get lost anywhere!!! :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Thanks Alan, we will certainly keep an update going while we travel. :BigGrin:

13. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

We were only intending to stay a few days Frankie, as we are hoping to make the informal meet in Portugal. However we had intended to contact you later about coming to see you when we were heading back North towards the end of March. If that would be convenient of course. :BigGrin:

14. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

I've got lost in Rouen on th e last two visits once in the motor home heading home road closed no diversion signs 6pm rush hour traffic. Gave up after two hours found a aire and tried again next day. Last time two months ago on the motorbike heading south half an hour this time as its easy to do a U turn, no trouble coming back though.
    Bloody place is a mess and best avoided if possible.

15. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Err that was my problem, came around a roundabout, tunnel in front height restriction 2.8 mtrs we ended up going back on the toll road to get past, not a fortune for that section

16. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

An excellent route, the key thing is to go opposite way to diversion when you leave the main dual carriageway. Follow sign for airport, then as above, bearing right onto D6015 goes beside river to Pont de L'Arche, I have not stopped there but there looks to be a nice aire beside the river in town centre, on my list for this year

17. tonka

There are 4 dedicated spaces on a newish aire at Pont de l'arche. Right next to river and 2 mins into town/village. Although other vans have been known to stay on car park when busy. There is also a campsite 100 -200 mtrs further along, outside that is a motorhome bourne with toilet / grey dump. Water and electric available at a cost. :thumb:
    Lovely stopover....

18. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

If you are going down the A28 then I would consider using the Pont de Brotonne route.

Come off the A29 at junction 9 for Yvetot and follow the signs for Pont de Brotonne. Once you cross the bridge follow the signs for the A28. It brings you out on the A13 at the A28 junction.

Very easy stress free route just to the west of Rouen....utilising the quiet bridge to the west of Rouen.........and much more pleasant.

barry

19. busby

busby Funster

If you cross Newhaven Dieppe you will miss the bridge. Different route through Rouen from Dieppe. Dont forget if you book by telephone and are over 60 you get 20% discount. Safe journey. BUSBY:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Thanks for your response Busby, but we are already booked to go through the Chunnel. :thumb: