Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
My favoured search engine (Google Chrome) has been displaced by some pernicious alternative called conduit.com. I have tried all ways to remove this programme and to reinstate Google as my default programme without success. Any ideas please? I'm desperate.
I have tried:
resetting my defaults
deleting any reference to conduit or anything similar wherever I've found them
all Internet Options changes

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont ask me how to do it but someone will know how.......

modify the following about:config entries:

browser.search.defaulturl (reset to default)
browser.search.selectedEngine (reset to default)
browser.search.defaultenginename (reset to default)
browser.search.searchEnginesURL (set to blank)

you should get rid of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Good luck with that one
It appears as though its not seen by any of the so called clean out progs Ive googled it till im blue in the face with no joy yet
if you look at the top of the conduit page next to where it say search click the grey box and you google should appear
I just ignore it now:Doh:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
nasty little blighter that one...had it myself and had to do a very long winded way to get rid of it...on this link
whilst its not allegedly damaging...id get shot of it

if you google "conduit.com removal google chrome" it comes up with loads of answers...but the only one that ripped it out completely for me was the one above - with a bit of tinkering to adjust folders etc for chrome instead of Firefox.

It normally gets 'implanted' through some other program through, uTorrent is the main culprit from what i can tell..which is where i got mine from!! and apparently if you uninstall the program that planted it it should take it back out... which i found out after going through the above so cant confirm that!!

OP
OP
yorkshirepudding

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Thanks for your help guys. Whilst you didn't have the definitive answer your advice guided me in what turned out to be the right direction. I tend to blunder around on these computer thingies. On Google tools, settings, on startup open a specific page, click on set pages, add new page and enter url and cancel old page. My fingers are firmly crossed now.

PS. I've just logged out and back in and it seems to have gone. Another victory for Funsters!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back