rotten floor!! (1 Viewer)

Brooksey

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
whitstable
Funster No
Exp
Hi all from claire and family,we've been in camper today like most days open up to air or sorting stuff to go away, opened front locker behind drivers door took out chairs and other bits and noticed floor was lumpy and soft futher inspection pulled back flooring its rotten.
We know it's not going to be easy to fix but advice on how and construction if anyone has had to do anything like this . The camper is a eura mobil 770 eb had it for three years .partner is a builder but not fixed anything like this before . As you can imagine we're gutted .

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
take it to a repairers to get a quote it may not be as bad as you think.
had a repair done by johns cross on our old burstner just over £1300 for all the rear floor caused by a leak in the shower.

joe

OP
OP
Brooksey

Brooksey

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
whitstable
Funster No
Exp
Thanks yeah we will, just thinking thousands like you do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brooksey

Brooksey

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
whitstable
Funster No
Exp
Yeah it's just he's not done anything like it and how it's constructed will keep searching ,and we like john's cross camping shop so probably pay them a visit and see what they . Thanyou.

OP
OP
Brooksey

Brooksey

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
whitstable
Funster No
Exp
Yeah we did take out seating and trim above but all seamed fine ,had to leave it got a bit down looking at it will strip it back a bit more tomorrow also floor above is fine .thankyou and sorry i'm slow to reply.

diddlydo

Free Member
May 10, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just acquirred
Hi, I have also have a rotten floor problem, does any one some suggestions of professionals in the north of England who would look at what I am sure is a big job? I need to get some idea of the cost of rectification (assuming it is a viable option) as it seems to be rotten more or less everywhere!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi, I have also have a rotten floor problem, does any one some suggestions of professionals in the north of England who would look at what I am sure is a big job? I need to get some idea of the cost of rectification (assuming it is a viable option) as it seems to be rotten more or less everywhere!
We had a damp problem sorted out by Teesside Caravans but they are probably too far north for you.

There are a few companies in your area listed on the MCEA web site. I know nothing about any of them personally but being listed there they should be up to standard.

diddlydo

Free Member
May 10, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just acquirred
Thanks, that's useful information. I'm prepared to travel if that's what is needed, however I'll go through the MCEA website and see if I can find someone local. If anyone else has any ideas on who to try then that would be great. Thanks again.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988

Try west riding leisure Huddersfield
They are preferred repairer for caravan guard. We had a damp caravan repair done by them. Excellent. They have Been going for many years

diddlydo

Free Member
May 10, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just acquirred
Cheers, I'll take a trip to Huddersfield and see what they think - I'll report back...................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back