TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Well, not quite yet, but our plastic shower tray has a few surface hairline cracks which I'd like to sort before they become a problem.

I guess I could do with something that I can spread over thye cracked areas and then wipe off leaving the cracks filled - almost like a grout I suppose.

Any ideas please?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
There are possibly things like Isopon, but I think you will find the problem comes from below the shower tray. Most do not seem to be supported correctly and the base can flex causeing cracking. Often better to take out and start again,:cry:supporting correctly.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well, not quite yet, but our plastic shower tray has a few surface hairline cracks which I'd like to sort before they become a problem.

Well you got that bit right, but I doubt you'll cure it from above. The only sure way is to get it out, find why it's cracking and fix it underneath. Better support and a layer of fibreglass cloth/resin to seal it.

I guess if you can't get it out then fibreglass cloth/resin on top and a load of hard work to get a nice finish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back