roof screw holes

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by wp1234, Nov 2, 2009.

1. wp1234

wp1234

Hello all,
    The previous owner of my MH removed a rooftop satellite dish leaving six screw holes.
    The holes have been filled with what looks like some sort of grey coloured non setting mastic , no idea what it is .I’m not really happy with that so am thinking of Sikaflex as a better fix.
    Is there a recommended way of sealing the six holes or is just pumping in Sikaflex the answer?
    Thanks in advance

2. wasp

wasp Funster

I would coat six screws in sikaflex and fit them into the hole thus filling hole and sealing:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:Cheers, Rob

3. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

As it is on the roof and a part of the van you don't look at every day I would make a covering plate up out of thin aluminiumi spray it white and stick it over the screw holes with silkaflex, making sure you put a bead around the outer edges. You can buy small aluminium sheets from the larger B&Q stores.:thumb:

4. lufcdave7

lufcdave7 Read Only Funster

I agree with Dane, best make up a covering plate and silicone in place for total peace of mind. However, if you visit a plastics wholesaler like GAP, you can purchase white plastic door skin, cut to size, then you don't have to worry about painting. I also used it for making up wind shields for the fridge vents, drilled several holes so the fridge could vent but at the same time cutting down the drafts.

5. Terry

Terry Funster

:thumb: sort of belt and braces :thumb:
    terry

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Dealer did same when they moved step relay box inside as water got in it stuck piece of plastic over hole with silkaflex, that gets more water than roof from front wheel never been any problem .

Dave:thumb::thumb: