Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Hello all,
The previous owner of my MH removed a rooftop satellite dish leaving six screw holes.
The holes have been filled with what looks like some sort of grey coloured non setting mastic , no idea what it is .I’m not really happy with that so am thinking of Sikaflex as a better fix.
Is there a recommended way of sealing the six holes or is just pumping in Sikaflex the answer?
Thanks in advance

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I would coat six screws in sikaflex and fit them into the hole thus filling hole and sealing:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:Cheers, Rob

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
As it is on the roof and a part of the van you don't look at every day I would make a covering plate up out of thin aluminiumi spray it white and stick it over the screw holes with silkaflex, making sure you put a bead around the outer edges. You can buy small aluminium sheets from the larger B&Q stores.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
I agree with Dane, best make up a covering plate and silicone in place for total peace of mind. However, if you visit a plastics wholesaler like GAP, you can purchase white plastic door skin, cut to size, then you don't have to worry about painting. I also used it for making up wind shields for the fridge vents, drilled several holes so the fridge could vent but at the same time cutting down the drafts.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
As it is on the roof and a part of the van you don't look at every day I would make a covering plate up out of thin aluminiumi spray it white and stick it over the screw holes with silkaflex, making sure you put a bead around the outer edges. You can buy small aluminium sheets from the larger B&Q stores.:thumb:
:thumb: sort of belt and braces :thumb:
terry

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Dealer did same when they moved step relay box inside as water got in it stuck piece of plastic over hole with silkaflex, that gets more water than roof from front wheel never been any problem .

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back