Roof Cover

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by pelliott1954, Nov 11, 2010.

1. pelliott1954

pelliott1954 Read Only Funster

Hi All,

We have an Autotrail Cheyenne 635SE and although we have room to park it at home it does have to stand under a Large Oak Tree, I would like to cover the roof to stop all the leaves, acorns, dirt and tree sap etc which comes from the tree.
    Can anyone tell me of a decent make, easy to fit, good value cover and who sells them?

Regards Paul

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If you have room, and it is your house, and finances avail why not build a sort of car port ?

Couple of foot bigger all round and it would keep most of the bad weather off.. :thumb:

I`m sure I have seen one on a members photo`s, and thought thats a good idea..
    :Smile:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Paul ,
    Full breathable bespoke covers are expensive and cheap ones don't allow air around the van which can cause damp and mould ..

I agree with Mo about a car port.. but if your finances don't stretch then buy a plastic tarpaulin from a builders merchant, they come in all sizes and quite cheap .. Cover the roof and part way down the sides, tie down with bungees ..

4. golly

golly Funster

Hi I got one of these http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/acatalog/info_830111.html last month. They have straps which go under the van and attach to buckles on other side. Too early to say if they are any good, but it has stayed in place during the gales. Just noticed they seem to be out of stock of the smaller sizes.

John

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010