Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Hi

Has anyone any experience of picking up from Rome airport in a motorhome? My friend is flying out in April and I am going to check on the internet etc for suitable parking etc but, knowing the vast wealth of experience of Funsters, thought I would start here first.

When collecting people from previous airports I normally park up nearby and await a call from the person when they have cleared baggage collection, sometimes collecting them from departures drop-off points. Does anyone have any parking places saved in their satnavs and know where is the best collection point at Rome? I will be checking the airport website for information on short-term parking anyway as I am fluent in several languages :ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
i take it you're talking about fiumicino.
there is a huuuge retail park a mile or so away, park there and wait for the phone call as the arrivals road area is a nightmare (i was on a motorbike)

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Thanks for that, I will find it on the net. Appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There are 2 main airports serving Rome - Fiumicino and Ciampino

(Easyjet [for example] fly into Fiumicino and Ryanair into Ciampino)

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Thanks for that, I wasn't aware. Better make sure I get the right one, especially when I pick my mother up later in the year (my mate will just find the nearest watering hole and stay there until I find him or he runs out of money)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

We flew into the Ciampino airport about 5yrs ago to get a cruise.
The airport is about 10mins away from the terminus to the underground and as such is served by a bus that does the route for 'nothing' ie pennies.

It's a small airport that seems to be very sleepy and you can walk right out of the airport terminal building to a small bus station. I seem to remember the ubiquitous taxi rank as well but, as with most small airports abroad, there isn't the "screw your pocket" attitude that you get in the UK.
I don't think, once you have established that this is the right airport, that you will have difficulties.
The other airport is Vasco de Gama and its a big bu**er off type place. Lets hope your rellie ain't going there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Hi and thank you for the reply, I have only just found your post on here, its appreciated. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back