Romance is not dead...or is it? (1 Viewer)

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
On 14th. May I will have been married 35 years and my wife has just asked if we will be home on that day. 'That's nice.', you may think, after all those years she wants to cook me a special dinner, or take me off for a romantic night in a posh hotel...

Does she hell as like, when I asked her why it's because they've moved her book club to that date due to the bank holiday. I'm sure the great explorers didn't have as complicated a life as I seem to be having, driving 240 miles back from Cornwall to go to the surprise 60th birthday party of a friend who will be with us in Cornwall the week before. Then it's back to Dorset for the Wessex Folk Festival and back up for my wife's 60th.

I can't wait to be able to just head off and keep going, instead of having to come back for things at regular intervals.:RollEyes:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Well, my wife and me have been married 40 years next sunday, and l have been trying to get her to stay in a posh hotel locally for the weekend, but, no...................................she wants to go to Spain, with me!

Craig

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Were celebrating 35 years this year as well !!!

Our "honeymoon" was in the back of the works Sherpa van in a Blackpool car park, for 1 night at August bank holday !!
At the tender age of 18 that's all I could manage, I even had to use the works fuel (shh.) ...:cry:

In past years we have spend many a wedding anniversary night again in the back of a van.. Only difference now the van is an Autotrail and we are usually on route to France or Spain...::bigsmile::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Just had our 42cnd on 28 March.

Everything is fine except she is still female, apparently there is no known cure. :Eeek:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just had our 42cnd on 28 March.

[HI]Everything is fine except she is still female[/HI], apparently there is no known cure. :Eeek:

Yeah, get your drift Ken, these women are alright but there's nothing quite like the real thing.................:ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Romance is not dead she still lives with you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My missus was out shopping and rang home and my daughter answered it. After a brief chat she said to me, 'Dad, how would you like to speak to mum", l said, through a medium"!

Craig

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
So... if it takes three changes of vans before you got the one you really like... how many wives does it take? :winky:

JJ :Cool:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Anyone that wants more than one woman deserves all the trouble they get:Eeek:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
You should all think yourselves lucky, I have had two unhappy marriages.........first wife died, second one won't.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
After my trauma with the Auto trail on the dread Fiat,my wife first took me on a cruise on the Royal Clipper(the largest vessel under sail at the moment). Then when we returned she dug into her inheritance and we bought the Hymer.
I'm sure all the comments (Les Dawson jokes are just that) are in jest.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
they are mr bigfoot,.......none of us can resist a jest, and if it is ala les dawson or the carry on writers, all the better. :ROFLMAO:

" It was a terrible night, heavy rain, freezing cold, and blowing a force nine gale. There was a knock at the door, when I opened it, the mother inlaw was standing there, blue with cold and sopping wet, i said "Dont stand out there freezing.........go home".

L Dawson

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
So... if it takes three changes of vans before you got the one you really like... how many wives does it take? :winky:

JJ :Cool:

and how many fusters to change her

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back