Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Poole
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I'm looking to purchase my first motorhome. Looked at the Rollerhome 740T line the layout looks perfect for my requirements. Any one on here got one? Any thoughts/ feedback on what you think would be appreciated, thanks Phil

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Phil, welcome to the Fun House! :)

We haven't got one but we crawled all over the A-class version of the 740 at the Malvern show and were very impressed with it, it seems very well spec'd and built - if we were in the market for another MH it would certainly be on our 'investigate more' list! Just make sure you check the exact spec and the cost for adding any bits you need and especially what the real payload is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Like Minxy Girl we liked the latest Roller A-class at Malvern. Previously I had understood the the Roller teams models fell into the category of being inclined towards the lower end of the price range.

Upvote 0

PeeAndDee

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Hi
We are brand new to motor homing and have only joined this fun site a few minutes ago although I have been hooked on the site for a few months with the depth of information and advice.
We bought the Roller Team 740 just a couple of months ago, so far we have only had the chance to use it for one weekend away but could not fault it. It drove well, was really comfortable and so far it seems to be all we want.
I retire next month and we bought the van for long retirement holidays so we have already added quite a few goodies such as satellite internet, tracker, parking sensors, awning and extra security locks - started planning our first long trip away next March touring Spain, France and Switzerland.
For the price we think the Roller Team is very good value - hope this helps your thoughts.
P & D

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Pee! Welcome to the Fun House too. :)

What weight did you get it registered at and how much payload have you got left?

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Welcome from another Poole resident. We have the Rollerteam 707. Love the van, suits our purposes very well, motocross, skiing and holidays. Have had a few minor niggles but no more than any other van. Definitely look around as many band and layouts as you can. Get inside and have a good sit on the seats and make a list of priorities. Happy motorhoming.

Upvote 0

PeeAndDee

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Hi Pee! Welcome to the Fun House too. :)

What weight did you get it registered at and how much payload have you got left?

Hi
Trying to get my old head around the chat room tutorial and the system of quotes so hope I have got it right - fingers crossed and here goes.
The vehicle is registered as 3500kg and manufacturer advises that payload is 425kg which sounds a lot but we will only find out how far that stretches when we do the first long trip in March.
Hopefully I can fit all the essentials in including bikes, wine and barbecue and still leave a little room for luxuries such as food and not forgetting my better half of course.
Getting excited already for March but taking the van on another long weekend away in October up to Scotland.
P & D

Upvote 0
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Hi
Trying to get my old head around the chat room tutorial and the system of quotes so hope I have got it right - fingers crossed and here goes.
The vehicle is registered as 3500kg and manufacturer advises that payload is 425kg which sounds a lot but we will only find out how far that stretches when we do the first long trip in March.
Hopefully I can fit all the essentials in including bikes, wine and barbecue and still leave a little room for luxuries such as food and not forgetting my better half of course.
Getting excited already for March but taking the van on another long weekend away in October up to Scotland.
P & D
Hi, it might be worth finding your local weighbridge and checking your weight when in full holiday mode.
Remember that a full tank of fresh water will be 100+ kg plus fuel etc etc
You can find weighbridge locations on your local council website.

Hope this helps
Rob

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi
P & D
That's not a lot of payload for a large MH and from what I can tell it's on the Ducato 35 base so the max you could uprate to if you need to would probably be 3850kg, so bringing it in line with what it really needs to be but at your expense (£142 via a chap I used). Suggest you get it into holiday trim now rather than leave it to March as you don't want any last minute surprises!

Upvote 0

Boyd

Free Member
Feb 12, 2016
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 590
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Phil, We have got a RollerTeam 590 probably from the same dealer that you have been looking at ;-) So far I have been really pleased with it. Loads of room for such a short van. We had 8 people around the dining table last Saturday night!

I looked at longer vans but unfortunately our drive is quite hard to get into due to a rather inconvenient lamp post. I really like the RollerTeam styling and ours came loaded with extras as it was 2nd hand (only 700 miles on clock).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Phil Barratt

Phil Barratt

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Poole
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cheers Boyd, nice to hear your happy with yours. Looks nice in your picture. Just waiting to see if I can raise the funds before taking the plunge with Solent Motorhomes here in Poole. Happy Motorhoming! Phil

Upvote 0

Boyd

Free Member
Feb 12, 2016
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 590
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes it's an awful lot of money . We bought ours on a whim one lunchtime and then ran around trying to get all the money together in 2 days. It has been fantastic though. We've been to loads of festivals and even stayed in it when we went to see a band at the NEC. We've also camped in Wareham, Lymington, New Forest etc at THS (Temporary Holiday sites) run by the The Camping and Caravan club

Upvote 0

Boyd

Free Member
Feb 12, 2016
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 590
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just look out for James May in a 590 looking nervous behind the wheel!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back