LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just got back from France in the new van and the TV doesn't work.
It is most certainly an aerial problem of sorts.
What I cant find by just using my eyes is any box like a booster within the van.
The tv is a 12 volt and the aerial point comes out adjacent to the 12 volt socket.
It is unknown if the tv tunes in to france but I have a digital tuner purchased last year which worked perfectly in the previous van.
What is the obvious thing I am missing like turning on a button somewhere ?

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
You have an aerial point, but is it connected to an aerial on the van roof? As mentioned elsewhere, I have an aerial cable inside the van, with an aerial point by the TV, but do not have an aerial on the roof. It was offered as an extra when I bought the van, but I declined. I use an indoor one which seems OK most of the time. For France I would need a satellite dish and receiver.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
You have an aerial point, but is it connected to an aerial on the van roof? As mentioned elsewhere, I have an aerial cable inside the van, with an aerial point by the TV, but do not have an aerial on the roof. It was offered as an extra when I bought the van, but I declined. I use an indoor one which seems OK most of the time. For France I would need a satellite dish and receiver.

It had better be connected to the aerial on the roof !
I nearly paid money for it.
It was a freebie thrown in (and hopefully electrically connected) on a new van
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It's possible that the aerial has a built-in amplifier. These are usually fed with power via the co-ax so check if your TV and/or tuner has a setting to do so.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back