SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
IMG_0021.JPG hi we gave just been out on our maiden voyage in our newbie....it has the bed that moves up and down....
A few teething problems this week, as we lost all our water....as the blue hard to find switch needs to be pushed in !!!!!! So...when settled,we decided to just go to taps instead.
The temperature control has been a nightmare....we baked ourselves on night one,and froze ourselves night two.....work in progress !!!!!
Anyone else getting used to the workings of this Moho or similar ?????

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It can take a few nights to master the heat settings, but once you have it the heating is a doddle.

OP
OP
SallyP

SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
Yep....now we are just deliberating if the bed can go up and down WITH a body on it !!! As other half now has three lumps on skull

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Presumably you have the same heating system as us in a 690.
I really dont have a clue. Wife seems to know something about it though.
The oven came in handy with the door open a couple of weeks ago.
I m sure the instructions will be coming away with us in April !

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We've had 3 vans and everyone has been different so we've had a steep learning curve each time. About to buy our 4th ............................... 'ere we go again feeling confused and stupid for a few weeks!!!

OP
OP
SallyP

SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
With regard to heating system,I videoed the changeover Guy explaining if all to me,including ALL the other whistles and bells,as I was tooooo excited to concentrate!!! Now I keep watching them.....one valuable lesson is do not put boost on,if you want instant heating.......as boost actually heats water as a priority whilst you freeze !!!!!
We are still hoping someone out there can tell us re bed ????

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I'm not sure but I don't think the rising electric bed is designed to be raised with someone in the bed.
We will be having our 6th motorhome later this week and we again will be on a learning curve.
John.

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
Everything I've seen and read about electric drop down beds has said not to try to lift it with anyone on the bed. I don't think the motor is anywhere near strong enough - at the very least you are likely to blow the fuse on that circuit (I managed to blow the fuse on ours when trying to lift the bed to it's highest position. Weight wasn't the problem this time but height - I had added extra springs under the matress that added to the height but prevented the bed from fitting into it's highest storage position!).
If they ever did have motors fitted strong enough to lift people as well then that would open up all sorts of other safety issues - I can imagine some child/parent/spouse might dream of pressing a button to make someone disappear into the roof! (not me of course!)

Peter&Sue

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I dont think anybody is going to foolish enough to say "lie on the bed and see what happens", the motor is, in all likelihood, designed to raise the bed unladen. In order for it raise another (please dont shoot me) 60kgs Rollerteam would have put in a higher spec motor to cope with the extra weight. They wont have done that.

Can you imagine the conversation with the dealer when you say the motor has burnt out.
"have you been in the bed when raising it?"
"Yes"
"And you ve brought it in to be repaired under the warranty because it broke when you were in the bed and raised it and thought it was a good idea?"
"Yes"
"Shall i ask you those 2 questions again and we ll see if the penny is ready to drop?"

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Hi @SallyP

Can I ask if your electric bed on the 590 has a manual override please?

Pete

OP
OP
SallyP

SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
Yes it does...wouldn't fancy trying it,but the seller showed me how to do it if needed

OP
OP
SallyP

SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
Only downside with the bed up there....is it feels a wee bit damp when you get in it....any suggestions

OP
OP
SallyP

SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
On a completely different note,we are wanting one of those stand alone awnings,so we can bugger off for the day in Moho,and not have all the hassle of putting the awning away,so far the Khmer 780xl seems good,as the height is 260,and many out there are too short.
We have a 3m span awning (F45s)
Scared to buy the wrong one !!!!!

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Only downside with the bed up there....is it feels a wee bit damp when you get in it....any suggestions
Its probably cold that it feels like, not damp, especially if you have had the heating on The warmth can't get to the bed when its stowed. Might be worth dropping the bed slightly say about an hour before bed to let the heat circulate.

Thanks for the info about the bed override. :)

Pete

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
the length of the awning has no bearing on a driveaway awning.

if you are after the safari room then you need the length of the awning (that is attached to your van)

If you want a driveaway awning then it is the length of the "body" part of the van you should be interested in.

If unsure, i would wait a little bit until you see one in action and then have a conversation with them.

I have had both. They both had their uses. Both have been sold and i have no intention of going back to them.

Generally speaking you will not be able to use the driveaway awning at the same time as the F45 as it is highly likely they are on the same side. nothing stopping you putting the driveaway awning on the "wrong" side though. Cant think why you would want to do that though.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
With regard to heating system,I videoed the changeover Guy explaining if all to me,including ALL the other whistles and bells,as I was tooooo excited to concentrate!!! Now I keep watching them.....one valuable lesson is do not put boost on,if you want instant heating.......as boost actually heats water as a priority whilst you freeze !!!!!
We are still hoping someone out there can tell us re bed ????

Wife has just come in and on the presumption you have the same heating as us in the 690 you can have the boost on when both water and heating are on together and you can prioritise the heating part first.
We made the same mistake she tells me !!!!
If you dont prioritise it then it doesnt work. The trick is to only have one on at a time whilst still working the dam thing out (or your wife is with you and have the instruction manual to hand)
Told you the heating was her domain !

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our Pilote 716 was like that. Damp bed or felt damp. It's because it's right up close to the ceiling and that's cold so just drop it down a few inches well before you want to use it. Our bed kept jamming supposedly because we were not completely flat. After sleeping on the floor for two weeks we gave up and sold it. Liaka is much nicer and always have a bed. Non electric just pulls down and the bedding is not cold or damp as the roof has insulation and a thick warm overlay. Find out if there is a reset procedure and how to wind it up and down by hand if possible. This was one of the failings on the Pilote no manual bed winder up or down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back