Roboform...do you use it?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Bryan, May 5, 2012.

1. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

I'm thinking of using roboform password manager...

Just checked their website and they seem to do a standalone version for a single PC or a 'use anywhere' version which stores your passwords and data on server so you can use it on your phone, tablet, laptop and pc.

Does anyone on here use roboform already? I tried it once but couldn't get on with it.

Any why do you use it at all, as all web browsers will store your passwords for you?

Do you use the standalone version or the use everywhere one?

If the latter, how happy are you that all the passwords etc. are stored on the internet, and if roboform get hacked then ALL your passwords could be compromised.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

As I don't trust browsers or a server for storage I use and recommend Keypass2 http://keepass.info/

Keypass also generates passwords and you can save all your passwords as an encrypted file on a usb stick or wherever ..

3. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I have looked several times at these password systems. So far I've avoided them purely out of fear that my banking will be compromised.

The last time I saw this discussed I remember 'Jim' saying that he had so many he couldn't possibly manage without it, which is why I looked seriously at them.

If all you funsters could put my mind at rest then I will reconsider and I'll watch this thread develop.

The danger is using a similar Password for many of my less important sites albeit a fairly well thought out combination of Upper and lower case with numbers thrown in. Remembering the subtle changes is what causes the problem so of course I have them written down but if I were to lose that file I would be 'cabbaged', there you go Pappajohn, I've used your 'cabbaged'.
    :BigGrin:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I've been using Roboform for 3 years at least. One program I couldn't be without. :thumb:

5. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Is it the standalone/desktop version or the 'everywhere' one?

And do you use the extra features or just the password store?

6. Popeye

Popeye Funster