Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have to say that we use P&O as for our unit they seem to give the best crossing price, and i have nearly always had to change part of a booking and have incurred no charges other than a £10 admin charge, this last time i have even changed things before we have done the first leg about three times and have still only paid one admin fee and this included seperating the two vehicles going over to different dates from the origional same date and changing the passenger details 3 times

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Yep, I was robbed too. Every time I try & log on they charge an arm & a leg....and dont get me started on restaurants.....:Angry:

Bill

bunny2

Free Member
Aug 18, 2010
South West
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We go to France etc about 8 times a year. Each time we use the tunnel. On some trips we have come home a day early and on one occasion we were a day late. We have always bought our tickets with Tesco vouchers and have never paid anything to change. My wife loves the ferries something to do with Titanic (the film) however I like the simplicity and ease of the tunnel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This is straight from the .. well not the horses but the stewards mouth

P and O are desperate to rake in as much dosh as they can to try and stave off a hostile take over bid for the Ferry service side from DFDS who recently acquired Norfolkline from Maersk in June of this year.

Of course that could be all toffee but given what we have all been hearing I have a feeling it might just be true..

Just hope that Norfolk Line remain competitive next year ( I usually book in January and get a really good price ( £52.00 return this year I think )

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
We have always used Sea France and found them the best value..having said that we tend to book the tickets with Dover Eurochange..just call and get a crossing at the time we want and usually get a decent deal..However booking via different companies can also be a bit of a lottery too...one occasion we checked with the CC and The C&CC and Dover Eurochange still came up the cheapest!!

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've just returned from France on the soon to be freight only Norfolkline ferry from Zeebrugge to Rosyth. Travelled over for free on the tunnel courtesy of Tesco.
We bought the ticket when we still had a caravan for £304 on a deal with the CC.
When we called to change the ticket to the motorhome six weeks in advance they charged us £104 to change the booking even though the motorhome is 5 metres shorter than the car/caravan rig. We had no choice because the ticket was non refundable.
I too felt robbed.
Interesting that Norfolkine has just been taken over by DFDS.
... and to add insult to injury the ferry was 1.5 hours late arriving taking 22 hours in total and I was as sick as a sick thing.
From here on its the tunnel for us even though we have to drive 500 miles to get there.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We've just returned from France on the soon to be freight only Norfolkline ferry from Zeebrugge to Rosyth. Travelled over for free on the tunnel courtesy of Tesco.
We bought the ticket when we still had a caravan for £304 on a deal with the CC.
When we called to change the ticket to the motorhome six weeks in advance they charged us £104 to change the booking even though the motorhome is 5 metres shorter than the car/caravan rig. We had no choice because the ticket was non refundable.
I too felt robbed.
Interesting that Norfolkine has just been taken over by DFDS.
... and to add insult to injury the ferry was 1.5 hours late arriving taking 22 hours in total and I was as sick as a sick thing.
From here on its the tunnel for us even though we have to drive 500 miles to get there.

now i think i would be writing a letter of complaint and taking that further if the only thing you were changing was the vehicle type and reg number.

Although a lot call P&O i have made several changes to the booked crossings i had for this year which has included change of dates,splitting the booking into two seperate bookings and changing the date again on one, changing the passengers and drivers on both all done on different occasions and i was only charge £10 on each vehicle the first time i made a change and nothing for any other changes made after.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Paul
we came back from dunkirk on monday, we was booked on the 12 o,clock ferry, but we sailed on the 10 o,clock wuth no extra charge. Pete :thumb::thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Paul
we came back from dunkirk on monday, we was booked on the 12 o,clock ferry, but we sailed on the 10 o,clock wuth no extra charge. Pete :thumb::thumb:
Yes Pete,

Norfolk Line allow you to sail on the crossing before, or after your scheduled booking, without a charge, (if there is spare capacity). Anything other than that can be expensive, ie, more than the total cost of your original return booking. That is our experience anyway.

Cheers,

Jock .

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
When we returned from France in July. We arrived at Calais early and were offered the chance to sail on the earlier sailing or wait for our booked crossing. This was with Sea France and they wanted £25 to change the booking.

We waited.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back