Roama's Still Not a Roamin' !! (1 Viewer)

Roama La Motorhoma

Free Member
Jun 8, 2012
King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi again everyone! Thank you so much for your help replies it's so appreciated. I copied and pasted them onto a Word Doc. then printed it out and we took it out to the van followed the instructions and . . . . voila! Water came out of the basin in the bathroom when we turned on the tap, and just as we thought we'd cracked it and about to turn on the kitchen sink tap, we heard water pouring out of the bottom of the van onto the drive directly under the bathroom! :cry:We can't work out why this is although I suspect it's very simple, (as we are beginning to feel - LOL!), soooo, could someone enlighten us please?

Many thanks again,

Roama

P.S. By the way our handbook may as well be written about a jumbo jet frankly! :ROFLMAO:

Hi Everyone,

We just bought a 2004 Swift Carrera last week, 13,000 on the clock, 1 lady owner, really good condition and as it's been a dream of mine to have one for half my life I'm over the moon! Hubby not so excited (yet!!) as we are having one or 2 technical issues and the handbook doesn't seem to correspond all that well with the actual vehicle! I'm hoping some clever person can help me with these? Not sure if this section is the right one for that but if anyone knows how to get the loo to work for example PLEEEEEEASE tell me! LOL! We are hoping to do a day trip on Monday to get used to handling her and an on board loo was one of the big attractions! Also the water functioning generally is a complete mystery - well I did say I was green! Can't wait for proper weekends away though and all the extra dog and cat shows we'll now be able to attend as up till now most have been too far for us to exhibit at in one day.

Hope everyone is enjoying their motorhomes too, and thanks in advance if anyone can help us with our problems :Smile:

Roama

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Im not familiar with euro motorhomes but somewhere you will have a waste tank for the water from the sinks/shower check around the bottom of your van sides as maybe the valve is open allowing water to run straight through and out. I believe some motorhomes also have what is known as a safety dump valve for the water tank for cold weather protection and this could need re-setting.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Its probably coming out of the heater drain down valveBroken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
as the water is pumped out of the storage tank
near by there possibly is a drain pipe valve
Probably combined with an overfill warning pipe that exits through the
Floor of the van

Try tracing the pipe back to find the valve
:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it could also be the common fault of pipe joints popping off when frozen over winter. are you certain the van was properly drained over winter?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back