Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Hi All
I am just about to pick up a new motorhome (March 7th ) and was looking at my insurance to get it changed to the new one. My MH is 8 years old at present and i pay a premium for roadside assistance both in the uk and EU. I was wondering do i need these with a new motorhome will it have roadside assistance as part of the package. I have tried to look on internet but cannot find out. I will ask the dealer but thought someone on here might know

Neil

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If it's a Fiat they usually have Fiat camper assistance for duration of the warranty

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
It will have Fiat camper assistance but why not take a look at ADAC which will give you everything you could possibly want in terms of assistance with the vehicle and yourself. Good luck on the 7th, have many happy miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yup - new Fiat Mohos have 2 years Camper Assist - which apparently, they only get for 1 year in France ! When our Pilote was 18 months old, we actually knackered the rear RHS wheel accidentally badly guttering it on a lump of ?granite concealed in a bit of grass as we were pulling onto a scrubby parking space on a narrow main road to check the route where we were going.

Pete managed to sort it enough to get to the Aire we were aiming for (about 1km away it turned out) and as it was a Bank Holiday we knew we couldn't get a wheel that day anyway. (no spare) We got the handbook out and found there was a Fiat Assist listed garage not far away so went there after the BH - big Fiat dealers, cars and commercials, loads of other Mohos parked up and being worked on too so we went in, they found someone who spoke English and we explained that it would drive, but we wouldn't wish to go very far with it like that and this was the first week of our 2/3 month hols.

He then got a bit confused cos he thought we were expecting Fiat Assist to cough up - we weren't! But he'd started off saying it was more than 12 months old so it wouldn't be covered anyway - which we had to say to him, 'No that's wrong - we get 2 years' - so he checked that out and was surprised ! Then he got concerned about the tyre - we had already said when you get the wheel off and inspect the tyre it might need a new one, in which case we'll want one of those as well - I mean there was no way we could check that without jacking it up removing the wheel then removing the tyre, was there?

I think he was mainly surprised that we weren't averse to paying for it, in the first place !

Of course we didn't actually WANT to, who would? But needs must and it's only money - it ain't like anybody died is it? LOL Not a crisis - only a drama!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Merc UK give 3 years I think but the third one is only and insurance policy covered one. The European warranty is only 2 years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back