Road trip to Scandinavia (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Planning road trip to Sweden / Finland , six weeks in duration plan to cross the toll bridges into Sweden then drive up to the Finnish border then down to Helsinki , plenty of mileage I know . Has anyone any tips , I was thinking steady driving to Finland then a more leisurely drive on the return leg . Around 2400 MLS to Helsinki .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A bit of searching will find posts from our Scandinavia enthusiast. I seem to recall expensive and wonderful.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Years since I've been to any of the scandi countries and it was very expensive back the, take your own drink with you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Finland is nice, a LOT of trees and the language is incomprehensible but they are very friendly folk in my experience. This is Porvoo, a little west of Helsinki in October - when the weather was pleasant. :)

Porvoo.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
While in Sweden try and meet up funsters alfandm, a lovely couple, who will also show you their favourite camping spots.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I read your post as you are going to Helsinki there and back by road via Stockholm, I may have got that wrong.
However, I would consider using the ferry for one of the Stockholm to or from Helsinki trips. Unless you like driving endlessly through forests! It is not expensive and a nice overnight cruise giving you great views over Stockholm and the archipelago if you plan that part in daylight. I went on this ferry as a "booze cruise" from Stockholm and the return slow voyage back into Stockholm harbour in early evening was unforgettable.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Planning road trip to Sweden / Finland , six weeks in duration plan to cross the toll bridges into Sweden then drive up to the Finnish border then down to Helsinki , plenty of mileage I know . Has anyone any tips , I was thinking steady driving to Finland then a more leisurely drive on the return leg . Around 2400 MLS to Helsinki .
Hi just caught up with the thread,if there are any help and local knowledge you need just pm us ,pleased to help ,Regards alfandm

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Ah all the places that beckon now we have a MH...... endless options, endless freedom, endless places to explore.....
Been to Sweden from UK by road in car, and I loved it there. Lovely people too.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Hi just caught up with the thread,if there are any help and local knowledge you need just pm us ,pleased to help ,Regards alfandm

I'm looking for a scenic/interesting/ route down from Narvic through Sweden to Varburg south of Gothenburg with a few hints of places of interest to detour to on route..

Thanks

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I'm looking for a scenic/interesting/ route down from Narvic through Sweden to Varburg south of Gothenburg with a few hints of places of interest to detour to on route..

Thanks
Hi All inland routes are interesting place to pass through mostly are unpaved,if you don't mind driving off paved,1 route you might be interesting even if bit touristy today is the wilderness route close to the Norwegian borders start in stromsund or villhelmina a really lovely route and should not be missed if your up this way. So enjoy your travels and if your near our neck of the woods pop in for a cuppa, regards Alf&M.

May 6, 2017
North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
since the eighties
In Denmark we stayed at a nice Swedish town called Ringsted which had a free aire with free electricity. We caught the train in from here to Copenhagen to save driving through the capital. Enjoy your trip.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
While in Sweden try and meet up funsters alfandm, a lovely couple, who will also show you their favourite camping spots.
When are you 2 venturing back up this way still have so many camping spots to show you,best regards Alf and Marianne.
20160905_130051.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back