Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Why does a giant american rv only pay £165 a year and a little old autotrail costs a lot more:Sad:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You will have to uprate it over 3.5 and its cheaper. :winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I believe it is summat to do with not being able to get drunk at a party in a brewery---------

-----Now that does not sound completely correct but I will let some one else alter it

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, private heavy goods is 165. and commercial to 7,500kg .after that you dont want to know. yet a really big truck ran private is 165. ideal.

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know how far in advance you can tax a vehicle, mine runs out on 31/10/2012 and we were hoping to go away for the winter on 6/9/2012

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cant find it at moment but think its 2 months in advance . ring dvla they will tell you . or visit post office there is a booklet taxing your car etc . cant find mine . must be losing it . bahhh humbug

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Used to be two weeks ish but it seem you can do from the 5th (ish) of the month it expires.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I am 90% certain you can't tax it until two weeks before it runs out so I guess it is cash yours in and re-tax for a year. :RollEyes:

All the best Rick

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi if you google how to tax a vehicle then go on to the taxing site . look at taxing your vehicle abroad . it does state you can tax 2 months a head of it running out.
had a leaflet with it on but cant find it .

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know how far in advance you can tax a vehicle, mine runs out on 31/10/2012 and we were hoping to go away for the winter on 6/9/2012

Vehicle tax due to expire while you’re abroad

You can tax your vehicle online, by phone, or get someone to tax it for you if you’re going to be abroad when your vehicle tax expires. You can also tax your vehicle in advance of going away.

Tax in advance

You can renew your tax [HI]up to two calendar months in advance[/HI] in person or by post at a Post Office® branch that deals with advance applications or a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) local office.
Take or send:
Registration Certificate
completed V10 ‘Vehicle licence application’
insurance certificate or cover note – must be valid when the tax disc comes into force
valid MOT certificate - if the car or motorcycle is over three years old - must be valid when the tax disc comes into force
the payment for vehicle tax
a letter to explain why you’re taxing in advance if you’re making a postal application

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_4022052

Hope this helps....

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the other way is cancel your current disc and take a new one out that gives the cover you want. i adgusted mine to just before leaving ,actually it was just after leaving . everyone used to leave just before your tax ran out then you didnt have uk tax while abroad. but now its different system too much risk of loosing the vehicle.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the other way is cancel your current disc and take a new one out that gives the cover you want. i adgusted mine to just before leaving ,actually it was just after leaving . everyone used to leave just before your tax ran out then you didnt have uk tax while abroad. but now its different system too much risk of loosing the vehicle.
but, you only get a refund on full 'unused' months remaining.

send the disc after the first of the current month and you lose that month.

it is the date of posting which counts, not the date they receive it, so send recorded delivery/ registered post or some other method which proves the 'posted' date

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
high john i would visit the local office a few days before the end of the month . more than two or what ever .u,m sure they would give anyone a new tax disc to follow on .or hand it in then wait for the new month to start etc .
doesnt worry me i dont pay . ha ha . i can throw months away, hee hee.
mind would be better to have proper working legs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back