LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Six months ago i posted about being 'done' for not taxing my mh, didnt get a reminder so got fined for no tax plus back tax. Guess what? my tax has expired again (6 months) no reminder again but only 4 days late so ok. This time i have set up to pay by DD so hopefuly should not happan again!!! So be aware about when the tax is due, dont rely on the reminded.
Steve

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Jax got done on that about 5 years ago, the chap at the post office said he'd had loads of people complaining about being fined cos they hadn't got a reminder.
We complained to DVLA they basically said tough s*** we only send out reminders out of good will, it's up to the individual to remember to re tax.
So we had to pay the fine and back tax due....:mad: nice little earner for the DVLA.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
DVLA are quite right about the reminder - they are not legally obliged to send it. None of this helps though especially since the abolition of the tax disc which I hear (no surprise here) has actually led to an increased in non-taxed vehicles.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
If you download an app called CarTaxCheck it automatically gives you alerts to remind you if your tax, MOT or insurance are approaching renewal date. I got a message only last week to tell me that the tax and insurance on the motorhome expires in a months time.
Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I put all that sort of thing in the diary and try to remember to check on a weekly and daily basis :)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I use an app on IPad , Car tax Check , a useful back up for a bad memory.
Cant rely on Swansea, waste of space :confused:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I hacked one of Jim's downloaded Smiley disks and printed the date on to keep on the screen, it's on the calendar too.

Last edited:

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
For those outgoing that I do not have any choice about, I put on DD and do not have to think about them:

Vehicle Excise Duty
TV licence
Council Tax

For the things that I want to think about/get a quote for, when I renew them annually:

Insurance (car and house)
Breakdown cover

I ensure that they are not auto renewed and look at them in detail when renewal is due

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands (y)

?

Deleted User
Online DD gets you auto renewal with a reminder its about to start. I have had many a letter telling be about untaxed or never told them about selling a car. All i said was i sent the information by post to...... (Address of main post office)...... and a month later i get a letter to say sorry and all details have been updated.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use iTunes app, MOT Reminder for all vehicles and you can set reminders for mot, service, insurance and tax.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back