Road mending - a job for life? (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hah! You jokers are taking the hard way, ACTUALLY repairing the holes in the roads:Doh:

Silly Billys you are!:ROFLMAO:

Do what the Cornwall Utilithingee Council does, they place a warning sign saying "uneven surface"

If you ruin your suspension? Tuff titty kitty!:Doh: They DID warn you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
round here they just paint a white circle round potholes. :Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hah! You jokers are taking the hard way, ACTUALLY repairing the holes in the roads:Doh:

Silly Billys you are!:ROFLMAO:

Do what the Cornwall Utilithingee Council does, they place a warning sign saying "uneven surface"

If you ruin your suspension? Tuff titty kitty!:Doh: They DID warn you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you have suspension on your horses and carts down there then? :roflmto:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Do you have suspension on your horses and carts down there then? :roflmto:

Horse and Carts?????, HORSE AND CARTS!!!! Good grief! us'll baint be that modern 'ere m'dear,

my bloody wheelbarrow, now that's modern!!!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
well Graham, another word for leaf springs is cart springs so it must have originated from horsedrawn carts :roflmto:

No good you trying to explain REAL LIFE tecno stuff to Graham PJ, he's a Luddite:Doh:

He even makes pasties with Carrots:Doh:

All is lost:cry:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
To put a different slant on things. You fountains of all things legal etc.

Question - Why do the enemy get away with closing the whole road. is it legal ? :Angry:

I suggested to one crew that the romans managed to leave a lane open for traffic and the twelve mile detour I was meant to take was not environmentally friendly or to my pocket for wasting fuel

Is it just so that they can lean on their shovels without the sporting opportunity for us to mow the blighters down.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To put a different slant on things. You fountains of all things legal etc.

Question - Why do the enemy get away with closing the whole road. is it legal ? :Angry:

I suggested to one crew that the romans managed to leave a lane open for traffic and the twelve mile detour I was meant to take was not environmentally friendly or to my pocket for wasting fuel

Is it just so that they can lean on their shovels without the sporting opportunity for us to mow the blighters down.

Closing a whole road is legal because temporary orders are made. In some cases (e.g. landslides seen in recent years or sewer collapses) it is impossible to do the work without closing the whole road. It is only done if necessary and, as far as possible, at lower traffic times.

When our road was resurfaced in recent years the whole lot was legally closed but, in practice, only the section being worked on at the time was physically closed and the crew members were very helpful to residents who needed to get in and out.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
councils are not responsible for any manholes or covers in the road or even back gardens,it is now the responsibility of the utility company's,if your cover in your garden is damaged,get in touch with your utility company and they will replace free of charge,this also includes collapsed pipes and sewers,if you see a badly sunken manhole in the road get in touch with the utility company responsible and they will send contractors to repair it.
mate of mine spends all day every day replacing cover's all over oxfordshire,he is out today on the cowley road in oxford replacing five covers,he will earn just under £600 today:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back