Road hawk (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Would a Roadhawk two-way camera be an alternative to a reversing camera? We are rather surprised to find that reversing cameras or sensors are not a standard fitting on 7.44 metre MHs.

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
l am not sure how l have the setup but forward face only. It records onto an sd card and is controlled via that l am not sure how you could do the set up. Is there not cheaper reversing cameras / sensors designed for the job?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Would a Roadhawk two-way camera be an alternative to a reversing camera? We are [HI]rather surprised to find that reversing cameras or sensors are not a standard fitting on 7.44 metre MHs[/HI].

they arent standard fit on many motorhomes, never mind 7.44mtr ones......unless you look at american RVs then almost every one has one.

Cant see how a roadhawk could work.....unless you have binocular/zoom vision to see the tiny screen in the rear window

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Would a Roadhawk two-way camera be an alternative to a reversing camera? We are rather surprised to find that reversing cameras or sensors are not a standard fitting on 7.44 metre MHs.

Bought a Roadhawk for my car and returned it as I was very disappointed with it.

For a reversing camera I would recommend you have a look at .

I bought a twin lens set up. One camera acts as a rear view when driving which is very useful, the other deals with reversing - delighted with it.:Smile:

Mike

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My set up has 3 cameras and room for 1 more it uses a vidio distribution box and a 7" screen that can be remote swiched to individual camers or split the view into 4 views at once

11Meters didn't come with any
G

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My set up has 3 cameras and room for 1 more it uses a vidio distribution box and a 7" screen that can be remote swiched to individual camers or split the view into 4 views at once

11Meters didn't come with any
G
For any reversing use it has to give the same mirrored image as a normal mirror would, not all camera/Screen set ups can swich back automaticly for forward views you do need proper set up

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Since Dave Newell fitted ours I haven't looked back! :roflmto:

Seriously, though, an excellent job. Since having it fitted I realise how much just cannot be seen by mirrors alone. Acts as rear view mirror while driving and angles down when reversing so shows rear bumper in relation to surrounding area.

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010

I was of the impression a reversing camera was a standard fit across the AT range :whatthe:

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I was of the impression a reversing camera was a standard fit across the AT range :whatthe:

Yes. We have one fitted to the Tracker. That's why we were quite amazed that the Burstner Nexxo we were/are considering even has passenger airbag as an extra!!!:Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yes. We have one fitted to the Tracker. That's why we were quite amazed that the Burstner Nexxo we were/are considering even has passenger [HI]airbag[/HI] as an extra!!!:Eeek:

[HI]Mine sits next to me :[/HI]Wink::hardhat::hardhat:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back