bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi anyone have ,road angel naviagator satnav. are they any good ,how do they compare to others BAZ.

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Mapping data for satellite navigation systems is supplied by third parties. The Navigator 6000 and Navigator 7000 use TeleAtlas maps as used by TomTom, and as such there is little difference between them in the navigation aspect. The main Road Angel Navigator uses NAVTEQ maps as used by the premium Garmin systems......dave

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
We had a little one that was on offer in one of the high street shops, had speed camera warnings as well, around £80. We now have a Tom Tom, enough said.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Had a quick look at model 9000 ,

It doesn't mention whether you can add POIs nor if you can input a GPS co ordinates rather than a street address . It may well have, but if not I wouldn't even consider it.

I got rid of a Magellan Roadmate for these reasons.. and bought a TT One XL

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
we have just purchased a TTom live IQ, TT are giving away a years subscription with the Live series at the moment.

First impressions are good, the TT downloads traffic information every 3 minutes and update your route telling you the delay and asking if you want to re route.

Also it will give weather forcast anywhere in EU, and a load of other useful stuff. See the TT site for details.

Lane routing is good.

I was intrigued to learn that the traffic information is gained from mobile telephone information. Basically most people have M/phones. There positions are monitored and when a bunch of them getogther and slow down / stop. the software works our the delay ect. Cute.

Quite what happens near areas of high density phone use I dont know, Blue water or other shopping areas must be filtered out somehow,

It seems that TT use Road Angel data. Hence my response the question,

Rgds

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Have a look at Kenwood dnx9240bt...had one fitted last week...now i dont have to ask her in doors where we are going:ROFLMAO:...got a good trade in deal on her as well:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back