LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i had to toll home from clermont ferraand the charge was astronomical from clermond to paris was 56.90euro class 2 and from paris to calis was 30euro total 86.90euro ouch
hopefully thats the last time i have to use any tolls

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
RN 10 toll
I have just come up the RN10 toll a few hours ago... one part of the toll is already up and running and charging:Eeek::Doh:... and the other two still being worked on ::bigsmile:...another one is close to completion

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
RN 10 toll
I have just come up the RN10 toll a few hours ago... one part of the toll is already up and running and charging:Eeek::Doh:... and the other two still being worked on and working::bigsmile:...another one is close to completion

Mel

So what were the charges then Mel? :RollEyes:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:cry:

Looks like the Somport tunnel coming home then..
Thats if all the snow has gone from off the A23.. :Doh:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Toll surprise for holiday drivers
February 27, 2013
DRIVERS travelling on the RN10 between Bordeaux and Bayonne will get an unpleasant and expensive surprise from May – when a 104km section becomes an autoroute with two péages.

The RN10 is a well-travelled link road from Poitou-Charentes through Aquitaine to Spain and the old dual-carriageway is being replaced by the autoroute with no easy alternative route available.

Drivers who want to avoid the two tolls at Saugnac et Muret and Castets will have to take a detour east towards Mont-de-Marsan, adding 80km to the journey. The tolls at the two péages will cost a total of €6.30.
:cry::Doh:

Now we was charged 5.20 euros, just a 4 days ago with the motorhome on the péage that is up and running, the one nearest to Biarritz....and we did see another two pay points in working progress..one nearly finished ....
The péage we paid was a fixed price...now they may well put up the cost to 6.30 in May...

The information above states only two péages...Mmmmm is the second péage not going to be a fixed charge like the first one close to Biarritz ... is the second and third péage pay point going to be just one péage where you pick up a ticket and pay at the second point...

Or is the other one being made for the future:Doh:

What a big money maker these tolls will be.... have you seen the amount Articulated lorries that go up and down that road day and night..thousands and thousands:Doh:....not to mention the Motorhomes coming from ,France, Uk, Nederlands, Germany

Mel

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
i had to toll home from clermont ferraand the charge was astronomical from clermond to paris was 56.90euro class 2 and from paris to calis was 30euro total 86.90euro ouch

What route did you take Bill as don't recoginise that price for a class 2 Clermont to Paris.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
What route did you take Bill as don't recoginise that price for a class 2 Clermont to Paris.

a71 then a10
after paris then the a16
i should have checked on michelin 1st that tells you the price but i was in a rush so needs must but hopefully never again i think the french are now pricing their roads in such a way that it is better to go to either bilbao or santander :Angry:

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
i am going to go the somport tunnel route this friday just to see how easy it is . if i like it then i will use it from now on saving myself 40 odd euros. i wonder if this toll will push lots of trucks on to the somport route? cheers sean

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sean... Sent you a PM .
We are in Benidorm and going back a similar time..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Excellent toll free route from Clermont to Orleons and then a great road up to Rouen and then the port of your choice. On the other hand if you are visiting Paris that route us. Happy travelling. BUSBY.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
a71 then a10
after paris then the a16
i should have checked on michelin 1st that tells you the price but i was in a rush so needs must but hopefully never again i think the french are now pricing their roads in such a way that it is better to go to either bilbao or santander :Angry:

There's a better/cheaper route than the one you took Bill. Better in effect that the roads have less traffic, cheaper at 29.50 euros.

The route is Clermont Ferrand A71 - N79 Expressway - N7 - A77 - A6. Much of the N7 is now dual carriageway or dual bypasses and is free plus the center of France has less traffic than other regions and cheaper autoroutes.

3 weeks ago we were travelling from NW England to SE England, we had the option to use the M6 Toll road but didn't take it. What we didn't know was that it would take us 2 1/2 hours to get from Birmingham to Coventry due to road works, rain and accidents. Sometimes we would all willingly pay for convenience such as time saving.

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
I KNOW THERE Are routes which are either cheaper or nowt to use but i was in a bit of a rush and although the tolls were expensive they knocked a hell of a lot of time off my journey and hopefully never again dont forget i went all the way to marjal without a toll but now i believe france is really pricing itself out of the toll road business all the time i moan about our road tax i dont think i will again :Cool:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
I think that the route I gave is slightly shorter than the one you used, and apart from the short length of Expressway and a short length of single carriageway N7 the route is as fast if not faster than that you used as it's pretty traffic free until the A6.

I was only trying to point out that you could save a substantial amount by using central France fast routes without losing any/much time, and the point of your message was the cost of French tolls wasn't it?

When it all comes down to it you pay for convenience if you wish or have to, but with all the time in the world you are free to make whatever choice you want.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
yes sorry if you think i was being abrupt i wasnt the caps at the start of the message is due to stubby fingers lol yes it was about the amount of toll and if i knew at the start of the return route i needed to get back asap then i would have gone the Bordeaux route which is quicker but at the time needs must but its a lot of tolls the french are charging

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back