LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No its not mine, and the layout would not suit me. But it may suit someone. The build quality is there and if you get the spanner on the dealer and tighten him down, it could be a bargain.

Broken Link Removed

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Its our old one and I'm sad to see theres a rather incongruous oven in there !!
Not such a bargain now Snowbird it was on ebay classified for £10000 last week !!- we were tempted!!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its our old one and I'm sad to see theres a rather incongruous oven in there !!
Not such a bargain now Snowbird it was on ebay classified for £10000 last week !!- we were tempted!!

I was thinking of trying to nail his hat on for 9K. What the hell were they doing putting that ghastly household oven in there :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
They've done something to the kitchen as well - put in a door between there and the living area - doesnt show up on photos so cant tell is if its up to RMB standard

It was a good little van and we miss it!! Our newer and bigger RMB doesnt feel the same for all its all singing and dancing mod cons!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They've done something to the kitchen as well - put in a door between there and the living area - doesnt show up on photos so cant tell is if its up to RMB standard

It was a good little van and we miss it!! Our newer and bigger RMB doesnt feel the same for all its all singing and dancing mod cons!

Was it a good un ?. How long have they had it and can you remember the mileage when you sold it. It does not seem like they had it long.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That oven is truly offensive.......... not even my taste is that bad. Well at least it is a good lever to get a better discount

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
we sold it last April I think and off the top of my head mileage was about 180000
yes it was a good un and we spent a bit on it- sold it with winter tyres but theyre not there now - did the brakes and fuel injection and other stuff ( I can get details if you want - not my department to hold that info!!)
took us to Spain and then Scotland in that snowy winter- very cosy - oh yes new water heater cos the PCB went
new mattress for the bed - I went for the top quality so that should still be good!

The couple who bought it sold food stuffs at fairs and shows I think - probably why they put the cooker in!! and the box on the back was to carry their gear
Usual good capacity tanks
wasnt as good as the one we have now on consumption - did about 20 I think
but we liked the layout we miss those side seats! we went for a fixed bed and 4 seat belts for the grandchildren...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
we sold it last April I think and off the top of my head mileage was about 180000
yes it was a good un and we spent a bit on it- sold it with winter tyres but theyre not there now - did the brakes and fuel injection and other stuff ( I can get details if you want - not my department to hold that info!!)
took us to Spain and then Scotland in that snowy winter- very cosy - oh yes new water heater cos the PCB went
new mattress for the bed - I went for the top quality so that should still be good!

The couple who bought it sold food stuffs at fairs and shows I think - probably why they put the cooker in!! and the box on the back was to carry their gear
Usual good capacity tanks
wasnt as good as the one we have now on consumption - did about 20 I think
but we liked the layout we miss those side seats! we went for a fixed bed and 4 seat belts for the grandchildren...

Many thanks for taking the time to reply in full. Its always good to get a previous owners feedback on a van.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well that one didn't last long, its sold. so heres another that's just come on the market. It has a payload that many would die for, almost 1.5 tons. Looks a good example and at around £8300 its little money.
Broken Link Removed

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
That first one was up for over £11,000 a month ago.

It reappeared on eBay via a dealer after no bids and two repeat listings.

Agree the oven is a travesty and they added an inside door. Such a shame.

The original ad had it as 'like a Hymer' and it then got reworded to include the RMB name in the description, but it was clear the owner had no idea what it was.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back