Rmb 670 German a class on gumtree (2 Viewers)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I had someone contact me last night regarding the purchase of an RMB. I first directed him to this model, but it seems its SOLD. Quality remembered and all that stuff.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have a 1987 Mercedes based Hymer 660 with 170,000 kms on it. I am the third owner.

Find any serious rust on it and I will give you a Fray Bentos pie...

JJ :cool:

Not exactly encouraging people to look, are you? ;)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
eBay says the add was pulled due to mistakes in the listing ???

OP
OP
T

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I am a joiner and can say with confidence that Dave's is solid wood doors and trims (y):DNever seen a 16 yr old burnster to compare it to so cannot comment :)
terry
Yes doors and trims :)
Same as mine then .......you'll notice I said cabinets .......my original point was that the vans 20 years old and regardless of whether it was a flagship at its time or not it's now a dinosaur in comparison to what can be bought with the same money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I beg to differ, sir.

I paid £15,000 for Udo. He was built in 1992.

Nothing in the UK for that money compares to the fit, finish, solidity and attention to detail that RMB have.

I'm more than happy for you to give examples where it can be bettered as a whole for a motorhome of the same size, berths, etc, including construction, quality of fittings, materials, control system. Please. I'm genuinely interested and would love to be proved wrong.

I'll concede on one level, though. We all know the 2.9 Mercedes donk is no ball of fire. I'd wager that they're one of the slowest motorhomes around, especially uphill.

But I digress. I respectfully, kindly and without malice refute the dinosaur tag unless you can comprehensively prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Until around 3 years ago RMBs along with the Bluebird Wanderlodge was one of the best kept secrets in motorhoming. There were only 3 or 4 RMBs in the UK. Since I imported my first one 3 years ago and due to my extensive travelling people became more aware of the build quality. This had a knock on effect which drove prices up in the UK. I and another funster who also sold his benefited from that when we sold our 670s. The downside is, that in a small market like RMB ownership, news travels fast, especially with the internet. Dont forget there were never many of these things made in the first place due to cost. This forced second hand prices up in Germany, where they were slowly coming onto the market due to there version of the London LEZ. So when I had to replace my 670 with a heavier rated vehicle, I had to pay more for it than I would have had to pay 2 years previously. Of course there is a happy side to all this, and that is knowing you are enjoying an inflation proof motorhome. Not many of those around nowadays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back