Ripples in my rubber roof? (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Posted this on RV forum thinking it more appropriate but only one reply, so here goes again.
Noticed these during the bi annual exterior clean.
Right in the centre at the highest point, about 6, 30cms long and 5 cms wide.
No sign of tears or leaks and using a damp meter on the inside of the roof, there's no reading, i.e. dry?
It's a 3 year old 5er, any ideas?
JK

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Probably.....
the roof material has not been stuck down in that area, nice summer heat has expanded the air trapped under the material in that area and stretched it. You will probably need to slit the material with a stanley knive and inject some adhesive under the ripple and press it down again.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had a few blisters on mine.. but I saw no reason to go splitting them when there was no water ingress.. so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

I suggest giving the roof a coat of 'Plas T Cote' Elastomeric Acrylic Roof Coating, or any other coating designed for EDPM roof membranes. .. this will preserve and prevent splitting

I purchased mine form here Link Removed

If you want to go the 'sealing route' use ONLY a product for rubber roofs.. silcone, sikaflex etc are not suitable !

EPDM Rubber Roof Sealant
Dicor special lap sealant for use on rubber roofs, specially formulated for sealing vents screw heads air con boxes etc.

see same link as above.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back