RIP poppy (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
after a couple of bad weeks we finally had to put our Westy poppy to sleep last night
She was falling down on her back end and could not get back up until we masaged her back hips and then only slowly she did well for a westy 14 years old and the most placid dog we have ever had and fantastic with kids we never heard her once growl in anger at any person and she loved our grandkids and would never leave their side

she had been so down not looking her normal happy self so of to vets and she went to sleep in my arms
So for the 3rd time in 40 years I ended up in a vets car park crying my eyes out with Elaine

This time there will be no more pets I just can't do it again

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sounds like you have some great memories, remember those, not the immediate sadness

I will cry for Lola the same as you have for Poppy, very sad time for you right now, but think of all the good times you have had together

David

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
:unsure::cry: So sorry, know what you mean about loosing a much loved pet, she was obviously a very lucky girl with you two. You will always miss her but at least she had a wonderful life and you were brave enough to do the best you could for her.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Poor Poppy. You know you made the right decision however much it hurts. Spend time thinking and talking about the good things you all did together, it may help you to smile through your tears.
Lots of hugs.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Very sorry to hear about your loss , my wife and I have 3 dogs ,2 mini schnauzer and a cavachon called poppy ,my eldest mini is also 14, she is doing okay but I do realise that the her time will come also , she was the size of my right hand when I got her from the breeder, I've had dogs all my life and I've had to take 3 of them to the vet for their final journey , I still miss them and am reminded occasionally when I see another dog that bears a resemblance , I'll never forget them
Very sorry to hear about yours

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
been through this quite a few times so understand completely your feelings, but somebody very wise said to me once that our beloved four legged friends have shorter life spans than our own so that we can give love to more of them than just one faithful friend..
we all say never again, but then comes along a certain pair of soulful eyes that need a loving forever home, and once again we do what now seems unthinkable....

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
:crying: You do what you have to do , for the best. Sad , but necessary .

We too are going to have to do the same thing with Ruby very soon.
We've primed the kids , they think we are awful and cruel:doh:
Ruby has doggy dementia. She's truly lost it. She eats sleeps, or walks around sniffing for food, that's her life. She's not strong enough to go for proper walks , so when she goes out for a wee or poo, comes in the house and runs around like a loony.
Banging into furniture etc. We have to stop her.
It's hard for the kids ,Ruby is 16. The twins are 18 and eldest is 20, so she's been there as long as they can remember.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I feel your pain. The joys of sharing your life with a canine friend are part of the sorrow and pain we feel when they are gone. It does help to think of her in a better place, free from pain and racing around, ears flapping, tongue lolling with that stoopid grin they have. This pain you feel, will pass and then you can just hold her in your heart and in your mind enjoying happy memories......

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
So sorry to hear about Poppy, but you had as previously mentioned made some wonderful memories to cherish and look back on,
It will be 3 years next August that we lost the last of our GSDs and we said then that we can't go through this again but only this week some little fella gave us that cheeky look and you can guess the rest...

Hopefully your pain will ease in time, thinking of the good days helps.

John, Kath n Tom

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We had to do the same for our little one, different problem but we also cried our eyes out in the car park,awful awful day, we really feel for you! :(

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So sorry. When my last dog had her final trip to the vet I said never again, and although tempted I've never given in.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
When we choose a dog we do so with the intention of giving it the very best life we can We mould our own lives around it to ensure it's always safe and feels wanted and cared for. What we do at the end of its life is simply a continuation of what we did before: we do the very best we can and that includes, eventually, a kind death. We give the dog something better than most of us can expect for ourselves. I recently lost Dylan - the dog in my avatar picture - to Lymphoma. He was 8 years old and I know exactly how you feel. But I've always had rescue dogs and I believe the best thing I can do in Dylan's memory is to take on another. I couldn't take on another greyhound yet and I could never replace Dylan but I can give another dog, that was stuck in rescue kennels, what I gave him.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back