Ring RAC/REAC 650 type Compressor

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Ridgeway, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

After reading up on here and other places I decided to get a Ring REAC650 cordless compressor. Looking for some advice from users of similar units as at present all I seem to be able to do is deflate tires with it:Angry:

Maybe it's me but when I connect the hose I get an obvious amount of air escaping through the compressor i.e. like the compressor is leaking inside. Just want to check if there's something obvious I'm missing before I take it back...

2. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Anyone ?

3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Tyre deflation valve

I am no expert on air compressors but yours does have a gadget called a "Tyre deflation valve" or perhaps the preset pressure is to low?

It might be set for a car tyre pressure and not allowing air to go into the tyre or allowing what it considers to be excess air to bleed off.

A typical pressure for a motor home might be somewhere around 80psi, a car 30psi.

so it is allowing some 50psi to escape

Just a thought anyway.

4. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Thanks Mike,

Checked the deflation valve and looks good, no visible/audible leaks. Also set the unit above the actual pressure in order to inflate and no joy. It sounds like there is a leak inside the unit itself:Sad:

5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Knowing how a wired one drones on and on and on with the extraordinary pressure of the MH I fear any cordless one you could pick up would not cope.

Anyway, first rule of cordless, "the battery must expire just before the job is finished".

Second rule "the closer to the end WITHOUT being just acceptable the better".

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

looks like your not alone .. I would get a refund.

more disgruntled

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002Q57Z3C/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002Q57Z3C/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster