Rimor cam sky 20 2004

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by merovingian, Mar 20, 2014.

1. merovingian

merovingian Read Only Funster

Wondering if someone could give me their opinion of this on a 2.4 tdi 6 speed transit base please?
    I see they are Italian, so, are they well made with no major weaknesses, I have seen one in good nick for €21000

I invite your comments:Smile:

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We used to have a Rimor Sailer 645TC (top of the range) on 2006 model transit and it was lovely! The fittings were superb and it was certainly a quality MH. The Blucamp version is a lower spec one with different windows and cabinet work and less kit.

One thing to watch with them is water ingress - not that we had any but Rimor themselves were very strict that it had to have a damp check every 6 months to keep the warranty valid, I appreciate that this one will be out of warranty but I would certainly ensure that there haven't been any damp issues with it just to be safe.

I would certainly have one again though if I wanted a coachbuilt MH (we have a campervan at the moment), the only reason we changed was because we wanted something a bit shorter - the Rimor was 7.14m and we went down to a Chausson Flash 04 at 6m.

The Transit base was a dream - we'd changed from a Fiat with the gear lever on the dash to the floor mounted Transit and found the latter much more comfortable and it went like a rocket, even with such a large MH on it, so on a smaller one I would imagine it will fly.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014