Rimor anyone? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Searching for our new van, had narrowed it down to abou 3 but now hubby has just thrown RIMOR into the mix.
Has anyone any experience of these vans?
They seem pretty reasonably priced, just wondering why :Confused:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had a Rimor Sailer 645TC for 3 years and it was a very well built van, it really depends on which version you are looking at as, similar to other manufacturers, they have different quality/finish levels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Hello there, We had a new Rimor on a Fiat in 2008 from Southdown's. The van is as good as any other in build terms I would say.

We changed that van for the larger Swift Bessacarr e789 purely for increased space. The only down side I can think of is it only had a single skin floor which was a bit cold at times until the heating kicked in.

Another thought: in the twelve months we owned that van it was returned once for a control panel reset and a service.

The Bessacar went back six times all due to the heating.

Hope this helps.

Pat.

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
...RIMOR into the Mix

Hi there....Whilst looking at RIMOR you could also search for "KENTUCKY" camp ROYALs...
I am Nearly 100% sure they are made in the same factory.
Like the Rimors ours is on a Twin rear wheel Transit base. 2.4 /135 Turbo.[Royal 5]
FOR us with the excellent but much maligned.,Auto box [which is needed] BUT no longer available on the Transits now.
Proved a very worthy M/H and soundly built....with the the 'Toad' behind MPG = circa 26
20K miles on a 56 plate...so far so good. NO problems.
Perhaps as well since we can't afford to change it ...:RollEyes:
Good hunting :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back