DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
30 minutes and only 18 likes, come on, I will phone in my donation at midnight tomorrow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
one hour in, over 100 views of page and only 25 likes, what is wrong with 75% of you?? Jim are your stats right, who are these non likers?

:Smile:

David

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
David it could be that those that have already liked are checking the thread to see how you are getting on, each time someone looks at the thread no matter how many times it registers a hit. :Smile: (I Think)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
children in need

156 views should be £156 for children in need ok a few may have double checked a few times seems strange to me that people are not 'liking' but mabe you need to change the title to get more viewings. Well done anyway for your generosity to a worthwhile cause :thumb:

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I don't need to be pestered to take care of those who need my help. We all have friends and relatives that need our support. I have my own causes that I take care of and feel content with my contribution.

I ignore all the appeals to help starving children and badly treated donkeys. Not because I don't care but because I know where my money is really really needed. And I suspect, like most of you there are causes close to home.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not taking pot shots at the government for its foreign aid policy and I don't take a view on those who do contribute to charities. I'm just making the point that there are probably real people in real need who could and should benefit from the bit of cash that we have to spare.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
David before you give to that charity do some research of your own on what type of things they support there are better charities its your money so well done whatever you do with it

(Source Wiki)

Although Children in Need is welcomed by a large proportion of the British public, there are some who offer an alternative view, that the portrayal of children, particularly disabled children, as victims is unfortunate and counter-productive. It is argued that a change in social attitudes will benefit the disadvantaged more than money and public sympathy.

In November 2006, Intelligent Giving published an article about Children in Need, which attracted wide attention across the British media. The article, titled "Four things wrong with Pudsey", described donations to Children in Need as a "lazy and inefficient way of giving" and pointed out that, as a grant-giving charity, Children in Need would use donations to pay two sets of administration costs. It also described the quality of some of its public reporting as "shambolic".[22][23]

In 2007, it was reported that Terry Wogan, as the show's host, had been receiving an annual honorarium since 1980 (amounting to £9,065 in 2005). This made him the only celebrity paid for his participation in Children in Need. Wogan, however, stated that he would "quite happily do it for nothing" and had "never asked for a fee". The BBC stated that the amount, which was paid from BBC resources and not from the Children in Need charity fund, had "never been negotiated", having instead increased in line with inflation.[24] Two days before the 2007 event, it was reported that Wogan had waived his compensation.[25]

[HI]There has also been concern about the type of groups receiving funding from Children in Need. Writing in The Spectator, Ross Clark noted how funding goes towards controversial groups such as Women in Prison, which campaigns against jailing female criminals. Another charity highlighted was the Children’s Legal Centre, which provided funding for Shabina Begum to sue her school as she wanted to wear the jilbab. Clark pondered whether donors seeing cancer victims on screen would appreciate "that a slice of their donation would be going into the pockets of Cherie Blair to help a teenage girl sue her school over her refusal to wear a school uniform".[/HI][26]

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ill tell you what is wrong:RollEyes:
The vast majority give freely without the need for public praise
the gesture is indeed noble, but perhaps better served in the privacy of your own thoughts, and not others, or public forum

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
wow up to £75 already and thats only the likes on the first post on the thread

wtg David xxxxx

The cause itself does some great work in places

As for comments on viewing. People can view the thread as often as they like, but only click on the like button once

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am sure David will give the £500 irrespective of the number of likes he receives.:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am sure David will give the £500 irrespective of the number of likes he receives.:thumb:

Either way a like cost's nothing so he gets one from me :Smile:
terry

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just got up. well done. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:BUSBY.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Blimey, you guys really like to rain on someone else's parade don't you! jhorsf, Barnardfrey and now Geo:RollEyes:

Some body asked what was wrong and why so few likes
I answered em truthfully
I havent posted my personal thoughts on, look at me and like me posts, Jim would remove it
Spose I could follow the flock, WTG Davy Boy:Blush:

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Either way a like cost's nothing so he gets one from me :Smile:
terry
Concur:thumb:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning all

Thanks for comments / support, a bit disappointed that I have offended a couple of you. This was not meant as a bragging tool, I just thought it would be nice to involve this forum in a bit of genuine giving. I accept that some of the money gets lost in admin, it must do in all charities. I do also support other local groups (privately)

up to 95 likes when I looked just now

David

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Do not know how you could have offended any one. Very nice gesture, excellent charity. Very very well done.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
one hour in, over 100 views of page and only 25 likes, what is wrong with 75% of you?? Jim are your stats right, who are these non likers?

:Smile:

David

Let me, with respect, try to explain what is "wrong with me" from your point of view.

If you are going help people great...

Why do you have to advertise to all of us that you are doing so?

Maybe the "non like" people choose to actually send donations themselves rather than have you do it for them.

I feel no shame not giving a "like"...

JJ :Cool:

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
And I, with respect, treat it as a bit of fun, and if the op want to give to charity and involve others, where's the harm? No one is asking you to donate, just press a button. As for shouting it from the rooftops, I havn't got the foggiest who he is or what he looks like so I am not going to be running up to him in the street and thanking him for his amazing genorosity.
And just to let everyone know, I gave £5 to a big issue seller and didn't take the magazine!!!! How good am I::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I see no problem in advertising the fact that someone is supporting a charity, whether raising funds directly through the site as Paul (Haganap) and Gerry Hughes have done or indirectly as this post. We've even had our own FUN Christmas auctions on here in the past and if it raises awareness, or encourages others to give, then I see no problem with it, the choice is yours.

Edit: Beaten to it by Cranky but doubled in Spades.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Each to his own Cranky...

I took issue about the suggestion that I should be named and shamed for viewing the post and NOT giving a like.

I don't see the "Fun" here... £500 pounds is going to be given no matter how many "likes" are given...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back