LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
after two nights of immense right shouder pain, my wife just said to me " I wonder if its the right hand sided hand brake thats causing the problem" anybody had the this?

I ve just been away in derbyshire, quite a few handbrake starts,I supose I it could have pulled something, It feels like traped nerve type pain:cry:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, if it is the handbreak, try the handbreak extender. I bought one, as only having normal length arms I really struggled with it, but now - easy peasy!!!

Definately recomended.

S.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
its something to consider, I do have to reach down a little being not the tallest person, but we dont have the higher swivel seats just standards.

Iit was painfull last night, definatly a pinched nerve type pain sholder > elbow >wrist, if it dont settle in a few days I'll go see the physio and get somte treament. I supose the damp weekend walking probibly didn't help.

still seems ok now so weres my chariout gone

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
only having normal length arms
:roflmto:

Hi Sue, you will be easy to spot at the Essex Rally............:winky::roflmto: See you there.

Hi Seb, when I drove Jane old Citroen it had a heavy clutch, and for the next few day's I was in a lot of pain.:cry: It took me ages to work out what was the coarse of it.:RollEyes:::bigsmile: Bob.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I sometimes get this in my left shoulder, there is something wrong in there but nobody knows what and nobody wants to carry out invasive surgery to further investigate.

The physio at my local hospital has had a few goes with me and he is great. After a few goes with him and carrying ouy regular excersize its cured.

The excersizes can be done anywhere at anytime and work a treat. They are basically streching excersizes. I have to move my arm to places where it doesnt want to go. If you try it be careful that you excersize gentley at first, it does hurt when you first start but after a while its gone.

Incidentley, I do excersize as much and if not more than most and so dont be kidded that it cant be a lack of excersize.

Best of Luck

Jim
:Smile:

Go see the Doctor

Last edited:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Pain In My shoulder

Hi sorry to here about your pain,
could it be a frozen shoulder,? rotator cuff tear.?
I had pain in the left shoulder,physio made no difference,
sent to my local hospital, for xrays, showed up the rotator cuff was torn.
I can remember stretching up to get something from a cupboard in the kitchen,
as I was lifting it down a sharp pain come on in the shoulder.
I had surgery to repair the rotor cuff, (the surgeon told me as we get older, you get wear in your joints)
we don't realise how easey it is to do injury to ourself.
it's like when we knock a elbow, and get pain,we say, I have hit my funny bone,
In fact the pain is from the ulner nerve in the elbow,this can cause numbness in the fingers, if this happens, you have trap the ulner nerve,which will mean surgery.
I have just had it done on my left elbow. (sods law we always hurt the dominant hand, leg) I am left handed,and left footed.
I hope you are not in pain for to much longer, you need to go and get it sorted out asap.
good luck to you Tony

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
quite a few handbrake starts

whats a handbrake start ?

my handbrake is let off when i leave home and isnt put back on 'til i get to where im going. :whatthe:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
quite a few handbrake starts

whats a handbrake start ?

my handbrake is let off when i leave home and isnt put back on 'til i get to where im going. :whatthe:

have you no hills in Scarbourgh, I think I ment hill starts, I was in so much pain last night its a wonder I turned the computer back on, let alone type something:Sad:

just had 20 mins on a tens machine, weres the apin killers

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have you no hills in Scarbourgh, I think I ment hill starts, I was in so much pain last night its a wonder I turned the computer back on, let alone type something:Sad:

just had 20 mins on a tens machine, weres the apin killers

yes we do......but i've mastered the fine art of clutch, brake, throttle control. its a lot easier than grovelling down the doorwell for the handbrake lever :thumb:

RE...shoulder pain.
i wrote this earlier then it wafted off on the ether never to be seen again.

if, as tony suggested, its frozen shoulder get it seen to now!

i had a frozen right shoulder for 18 months and it aint funny, especially in the 'little boys' room......you cant get your hand round that far.:cry:
you soon learn to use the other arm/hand......:Blush:
it started as a dull ache in the joint and got worse over a few days and 2 weeks later i couldnt lift my arm above shoulder height and it was extremely painful just getting that high.

it is debilitating !!!!!!!!!!!

being a bloke i refused the doctors hoping it would get better on its own....no it doesnt, it can take more than 2 years to self heal.:Eeek:
after 16 months i went(she nagged the fight out of me:Doh:) to the docs who sent me for physio.
all that did was make it worse and eventually , after a further 6 weeks he injected steriods directly into the joint/cartlidge.
a full 2" of hyperdermic needle at 90 deg in the arm isnt fun either but its a damn sight better than the constant pain.

within 2 weeks i could move it without undue pain and by week 4 i had full movement again and pain free :thumb:

i wouldnt wish that on anyone so please get it checked:thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
i wouldnt wish that on anyone so please get it checked:thumb:

stop bullyimg me:roflmto: your worse than my wife you lot,

better night, last night "it moved down to elbow" and I was olny up for a hour till the pain killers kicked in,

thanks for the diveing lesson, I'll past it on to the wife, she's gonno do the driving from now on, (Im wicked and wont go to heaven now):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ok, stop nagging if it dont clear by monday I'll go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back