Ride London 2017 - Day parking central london (1 Viewer)

Ben9090

Free Member
Jan 12, 2017
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
I'm doing the100 mile ride London charity bike ride in July.
I have a hotel booked as insurance and can cancel if I need.

Now I've bought a motorhome ideally I'd like to use that. However I'm likely to be starting around 8am at the Olympic park which the finish down the mall at hopefully 2-3pm.

I know the city has free parking on Sundays which isn't hard to find In a car. What's my chances of on street day parking in a 7.5m motorhome? Also bays parallel to the kerb are marked up. If I overhang would I get a ticket? Even if it's free parking on a Sunday?

I was planning on sleeping somewhere official til maybe 5-6am, parking up in the city for 7am and leave the motorhome there til I return at 4-5pm.

Just worried due to the closed roads I wind be able to get parked and will miss my start time!!

Any ideas? Can anyone think of anywhere to park or a better idea? I'd happily get the train etc but I'll have a bike along with 15000 other people. Any overnight parking spots regardless of cost? I'm looking at ease!

Thanks

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if there are no parking restrictions in place i doubt there will be any wardens assssigned to that area

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
You can park in my street , no restrictions on Sundays. Also it's near the jubilee line (London Bridge) so direct to the Olympic park .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back