Rhino Installs, are they any good? (1 Viewer)

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
:Smile:Hi, we are looking for a local company to install solar panel on our small campervan, and do one or two other electrical things, Has anyone used Rhino Installs, are they any good, or can you recommend anyone decent in the Blackburn Area
Thanks
Baz

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Go onto the Ifitstuff website, and they will recommend a decent auto electrician in your area. They were set up to raise the standard, and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to join!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have used Phil from Rhino installs a few times and he is first class. Mobile service and very good after sales as well. I would recommend him. On my van: solar panel, battery master, satellite dish, twin reversing camera and a few other bits. All very neatly done.

Edit: sometimes takes a day or two to catch up on emails but never failed to reply....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, have you tried Leisure Tech at Clitheroe? Have heard good reports about them.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
:Smile:Hi, we are looking for a local company to install solar panel on our small campervan, and do one or two other electrical things, Has anyone used Rhino Installs, are they any good, or can you recommend anyone decent in the Blackburn Area
Thanks
Baz

YES

Would highly reccomend

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Phil fitted an alarm on y new van Jan 2012 and did a hab service on my old van prior to me selling it.. Good service... No issues.. Been around a while and gets many good comments on various forums..
:thumb:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Hi, have you tried Leisure Tech at Clitheroe? Have heard good reports about them.

Could not agree. I was overcharged for some work and, also, had no response from a request for a part. In fact, I stood in their showroom waiting to order the part whilst the salesman blathered away on the phone for at least 10mins (more fool me).

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Could not agree. I was overcharged for some work and, also, had no response from a request for a part. In fact, I stood in their showroom waiting to order the part whilst the salesman blathered away on the phone for at least 10mins (more fool me).

Sorry about your experience, but I only said that I had HEARD good reports, I haven't had any dealings personally.

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thanks
Baz
I have used Rhino for all sorts, a sat dish, solar panels and meter and air suspension. No need to wonder, he is great.

Philk

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Rhino

Phil at rhino used to be in partnership with leisuretech I'm afraid no love lost there.rhino do a good job but there not cheap same as leisuretech.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Never knew that....

My local dealer isn't cheap either but at least I know that Phil will only charge for what he actually does and will do a good job. The reversing camera developed an intermittent fault so he simply came (at mutually arranged date) and swapped it for a new unit. He gets my vote.

Darren Cooke

Free Member
Jul 14, 2015
Irvine, North Ayrshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
2 years
Rhino Installs – in the words of Tina Turner are; “SIMPLY THE BEST”

We got our Motorhome in September 2014; it needed a few improvements, so we could take our creature comforts with us across Europe.

That list of Creature comforts included; Satellite with TV & Internet, Air Conditioning, and New improved leisure batteries, New Solar Panels and a 2000Watt 12v to 240v inverter, just for starters.

With NO motor-homing before, we were purchasing blind, apart from good old Google for research, we needed someone who could guide us through the minefield of purchasing tried and trusted upgrades etc. Phil proved invaluable here, we gave him an outline of what we were looking for and Phil made his recommendations on products that he’d used and installed previously, after obtaining Quotes from other companies, we opted to go with Rhino Installs (Phil) to do the installation of the upgrades to our Motorhome.

Phil arrived in the morning 8:30am, now bear in mind; we are located just south of Glasgow in Scotland, Phil had already been on the road for 4 hours... to get to us and he set to work straight away.

Making light work of the Satellite and Air-condition and seeing Phil was coping very well by himself, I took my leave into the house, only coming out to ask if he would like anything to eat or a cup of tea, i find it better to keep out the way while all the technical stuff is being carried out.

Time was getting one, its was past 7:00pm and the offer of a shower and a room for the night was made to Phil but no, Phil was on a roll and declined the offer, as he was within sight of completing the whole installation and said he could make home before midnight as he had more jobs lined up for the next morning in another part of the UK.

Just as 8:00pm arrived so did Phil at the door, that was the whole installation was now complete and ready to rock and roll, we had a little play with the new items installed Paid the bill and Phil was on his way South heading for home.

This year 2015, we have had a few more improvements carried out by Phil, as on his previous visit Phil carried out an exemplary install, this year’s installs were a Toad Alarm, LowGas system, LED driving lights, a reversing camera and a further leisure battery to extend our power required.

I know what you’re asking now, “Would I recommend Phil to you?” YES! I would recommend Phil, to wrap it up in a phrase again, Rhino Installs “Do exactly as they say on the box”

Full customer satisfaction Guaranteed.

Darren Cooke

Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Yes it's a thumbs up for Phil from Rhino Installs. He's now made his area of work smaller so doesn't come down to Devon anymore. I had arranged to have air suspension fitted to my Laika whilst we were in York. Phil rang to say his supplier wasn't happy to use their air suspension on my ALko chassis so he said he wasn't happy to do it and suggested that I enquire more info from ALko. Very honest suggestion and I have since found it was a good shout. Good chap!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thumbs up from me for Phil. He works far too hard but his customer service is first class. Always been pleased with the work he has done and the money saving advice he has given as well

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
As above Phil fitted my new awning also fitted battery to battery charger and twin lnb at a good price topman

Paul

Sep 6, 2012
Stone
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Phil has done a couple of jobs for me - arrived on time, did the jobs, quality workmanship, competitive price and a nice guy to boot. Makes you want to spend money with him.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back