Rexhall Safety Recalls Sept 07 (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Rexhall is recalling 6 MY 1998-2005 Aerbus, American Clipper, Anthem, Base Camp, Rexair, Roseair, San Scape, and Vision motorhomes equipped with a two-door refrigerator manufactured by the Dometic Corporation. The refrigerators may have a defect in the boiler tube. Pressurized coolant solution could be released into an area where an ignition source (gas flame) is present. Release of coolant under certain conditions could ignite and result in a fire. Rexhall will be working with Dometic in order to repair these refrigerators. Dometic will repair these refrigerators by installing a secondary burn housing, a thermal fuse, and a melt fuse. Dometic has retained Stericycle Inc. to manage this campaign. Stericycle will assist the owner in locating dealerships or service centers and will provide assistance with scheduling of appointments.

Defect/noncompliance notices were received in September, 2007 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
Rexhall recall

Sharon, How do we go about getting the possible faulty fridge problem sorted out on Rexhall models. I own a 2001 model Aerbus.Any advice would be helpfull. Regards Petesam.

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
dometic recall

Hi,
if you put dometic recall into google it will take you to the dometic website, where you can enter your fridge model and serial number to ascertain if your fridge is one of the ones affected. According to dometic all of the suspect fridges were fitted with a 354 watt mains element normally should be 325 watt. This is not part of the recall, apparently the recall requires the fitting of a burner guard and 2 thermal fuses. Only 0.01% of dometic fridges of this era are affected.
You will have to try to contact dometic if yours is one of the suspect fridges, how much luck you will have I don't know.
Dunc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

petesam

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
Dometic fridge problem

hiya Damondunc, thank you for your reply re above topic . I will do as you sugest and contact the Dometic web site. I will keep you informed as to the outcome.Regards Petesam.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back