Revolut Card (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Sorry to bother you knowledgable people.
I'm travelling to Italy and have just got a Revolut Card which I will only use whilst away.
Do I top the card up in GBP or Euro before I go.
Thank You
Colin

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I would suggest Euro's as that is what you will be spending .I also always take some cash for emergencies in English and euro's lol

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Top up the card in the currency of your debit card, then you can exchange your pounds to euro's or USD on the app whenever you want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
if the exchange rate is going down then buy euros, if sterling is getting stronger then hold on too the pound and use as you need them,
you can just leave it in sterling and it will change to euro on every transaction at the best rate at that time,

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It automatically loads with whatever currency your card is in, so for the UK it will load in £s

It's up to you to convert it to Euros or US Dollars then.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It automatically loads with whatever currency your card is in, so for the UK it will load in £s

It's up to you to convert it to Euros or US Dollars then.

As Nick has already said, you have no choice but to load it in £sterling, except that you do not have to convert at all, your £ Sterling will automatically convert wherever you spend it at the spot-rate at the time you spend.

Alternatively you can exchange your £Sterling to Euro before that time if you think the rate will only get worse later.

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
And you can change the euros back to pounds if you wish, if the rates work for you. And use the card fee free in the UK same as abroad, which is one of the reasons I switched from Caxton.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
And you can change the euros back to pounds if you wish, if the rates work for you. And use the card fee free in the UK same as abroad, which is one of the reasons I switched from Caxton.
I changed a lot of my euros back to Sterling making a profit. We don't envisage a return trip to Euroland for a long time so as we already have several hundred€ in cash it made sense to free it up for cash withdrawal or spending in UK.

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
Whatever you do, use it asap to make sure it works in France. It wouldn't work for us even though it did in UK. It can take up to a week to receive a replacement.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We use ours for cash from ATMs while away in Spain for the winter. There is a 'fair use allowance' limited to 650 euro a month, as we pay our site fees in cash for a discount we need more than the 650, so now SWMBO has a card which will help.
I did have my card stolen last year and the service from Revolut to supply me a replacement was excellent, I received the replacement delivered to the campsite with one week.
Also using the app to block the card when you are not using it is a very good feature.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back