Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Thanks to the good Funster advice I have got my card all set up OK, id verified, card loaded with £'s all ready for French expedition next week. My question is, as the exchange rate is not very good at the moment have not changed any £'s to euros. Was wondering do I have to exchange £'s to euros to be able to use it for purchases and withdrawing cash in France or will it just deduct from the £'s balance at the euro rate at the time of transaction??? if there are no euros loaded.

Thanks in advance(y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
image.png

So the answer is revolut will change your money to the local currency but you must select the local currency otherwise they will set the exchange rate which will be lower

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I study the exchange rate on a daily basis and it has stayed steady for a few days but it's been on a downward slide for some time, if your going to change some then do it soon as it will go down a bit more next week but that is only MY OPINION and your choice to make.....

I tend to play on the safe side and do half before I go and the rest when needed when I'm there.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tweedie

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Thanks both good advice.

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Used our Revolut card in Australia this January to March, when we went out the exchange rate was 2.04 but gradually went down to 1.90 so decided to move funds to US dollars so eventually was buying Oz items with US dollars as we saw the Pound sink and sink..I found it amazing that I received a message on my phone to inform me of the purchase before the card machine actually display the remove card info. We hired a motorhome for two weeks while there and then we found that it would not authorise web payments for pre-booking camping sites, seems it only works when you are at the terminal. One thing I did notice was the days we could not use the card online we used the Halifax Clarity which actually gave a better rate than the revolut card.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Neither the wife or I have ever managed to download the app to our phones ? Either here or in the Uk the wife has tried.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Neither the wife or I have ever managed to download the app to our phones ? Either here or in the Uk the wife has tried.
You need to make sure your phone is compatible with the app - can't remember what it is now but some smart phones won't run it unless you update your phone's software version.

Ah, just found it on their website:

At the moment our app is available for iPhones, iPads iOS (7.1+) or Android (4.1+) supported phones with a minimum screen size of 3.5inches

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back