Review or not to Review

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by horshamjack, Nov 20, 2015.

1. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

I know a lot of people on here use CC (CamperContact) and CCI (CamperCarInfo) when traveling around Europe, Question is do you leave review's ?
    We leave an honest review detailing the services available and on the local area on both the above on all our stops (Aires, WC spots & Campsites) we have also uploaded 1/2 dozen new ones with pics, does anyone else take the time to do likewise?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oriel

Oriel

Sometimes I do - usually if I think the site is a good one. I do think that some folk go a bit far with their reviews sometimes... its as if they think they're staying at a 5 star hotel. For example - there was a cobweb in the toilet block, it was raining and the grass was slippery, etc, etc

Sorry mis-read CC for Caravan Club and CCI for Camping & Caravan Club... must put glasses on! No I don't leave reviews for the sites in Europe but I do read others' reviews

3. KeithChesterfield

KeithChesterfield Funster

Yes, I do an honest a review as possible and leave a link to videos I've done of the Aire.

There are hundreds of reviews added every day to CamperContact and many of them have helped us find Aires that suit us.

Any review posted (good, bad or indifferent) is better than none.

:france::france::france:

• Like Like x 2
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Yes. I give reviews and photos on Campercontact .. I try to be honest and concise

I also find them very useful..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

I tend to leave reviews if a site has few reviews or if there has been negative feedback that I thought that the issues had been resolved

• Like Like x 1
  6. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Totally agree.

7. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

I try to leave as many reviews as possible on the Campercontact app.

I like adding photos and posting English reviews, as both of these appear lacking.

It's helped me so many times, seems only fair to make a contribution. Even with its huge directory, it's still missing many sites and stopovers.

I find that by adding the reviews to my favourites, I also have a good resource for places I've previously visited (y)

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I leave comments on CC and upload pictures, especially for ones which don't have photographs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenman

Fenman Funster

I find reviews very helpful.
    I always have a look at TripAdvisor if we are going to eat in a new town. I know there are the issues of non genuine ones but you soon get the feel for what is right or wrong. And I add my own too.
    So once we get to be motorhomers again I will look at site/aire reviews on the same basis.
    So if you do review please continue to do so.

10. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

I have to say I rarely leave reviews. Generally because it totally slips my mind.
    If I have an exceptional experience somewhere, I will generally leave a review though.