Reversing System (1 Viewer)

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced reversing camera system supplied and fitted? We had ours fixed when we were up at the motorhome medics but it seems to have given up totally. We are in the south west if anyone knows somewhere local (ish).

Ta very much,

Mark.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mark

Can only suggest Vanbitz at Taunton, not the cheapest by the looks of it, but if you factor in the cost of traveling elsewhere it may not be so bad.
I can vouch for the quality of their products, workmanship and after sales service.

HTH

Brian

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Mark,
I just bought and fitted a splitter system to my 5er from this guy, on ebay,, around the £170, not the cheapest but one of the clearest pictures I have ever seen..

Visit seller's Shop:
Reversingcamerasuk

He is very helpful,, hope this helps..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Mine cost 7/6 thats 37 & 1/2 pence, My wife, she stands behind the van and waves her hands about in any difficult reverse situation, I dont know what her signals mean but I haven't hit any thing yet ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Reversing devices

Hi

Here, yours was cheap, my MK1 cost 15/-!!!.

I got a full colour system recently (MK11) (and it doesnt give me abuse!!) from :-

In21 Now Rear View Camera Systems

£165.40 all included and deliverd. fitted and working it has two extra inputs if you wanted "blind spot" vision too.

pete

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
£50 Maplins
Link Removed

:winky:
Keith

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mine cost 7/6 thats 37 & 1/2 pence, My wife, she stands behind the van and waves her hands about in any difficult reverse situation, I dont know what her signals mean but I haven't hit any thing yet ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mmmm that was cheap....had mine 6 years now and cost me £37.:ROFLMAO:

but i do have a backup. (no pun intended) £80 off ebay.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
£50 Maplins
Link Removed

:winky:
Keith

Not tried this particular system but I have fitted several wireless camera systems over the last 7 years for customers and every one has proved to be rubbish. The latest was just last week and again it was cr@p, as soon as the engine was fired up the picture disappeared into a blizzard of interference.

Go for a quality wired system from a known manufacturer and you won't be disappointed.

D.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Not tried this particular system but I have fitted several wireless camera systems over the last 7 years for customers and every one has proved to be rubbish. The latest was just last week and again it was cr@p, as soon as the engine was fired up the picture disappeared into a blizzard of interference.

Go for a quality wired system from a known manufacturer and you won't be disappointed.

D.

Only mentioned it because of a good report on another forum:Smile:

Keith

OP
OP
M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Mark

Can only suggest Vanbitz at Taunton, not the cheapest by the looks of it, but if you factor in the cost of traveling elsewhere it may not be so bad.
I can vouch for the quality of their products, workmanship and after sales service.

HTH

Brian

Blimey mate, you're not wrong! lol. I'd want a gold one encrusted with diamonds for that!

:roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

D.

I use the Maplins one and it works fine.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Be very careful which sort you go for.

I have seen some on here advocating the type below.

On my first weekend away, I was parked in a tight space, you know the sort, big jag pulls in behind so you cant get out. I therefore utilised the mentioned type of reversing camera. It let me down big time at a critical moment. It done its normal trick of dissapearing out of sight after waving etc. It then allowed me to reverse back in to a black pole catching the rear of my van, its ok though the reversing camera then put its digits to its mouth and jumped up and down.
So be careful. with what you choose, mine cost an absoloute fortune to run. :thumb:hardhathardhathardhathardhathardhathardhathardhathardhathardhathardhat

Attachments

• DSC05034.JPG
    DSC05034.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 37

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
reversing camera

i have a great reversing camera and it's extremely cheap, it's called mrs bevo,
whenever i'm going to reverse she jumps out and guides me back,
she can also see impending obstructions, such as children running by and approaching traffic.
works for me.

live long and prosper:Smile:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
i have a great reversing camera and it's extremely cheap, it's called mrs bevo,
whenever i'm going to reverse she jumps out and guides me back,
she can also see impending obstructions, such as children running by and approaching traffic.
works for me.

Yeah, I tried that, but Jan had a hell of a time running at 50mph forwards .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rear view cams are great for watching a trailer .. I wouldn't depend on it reversing.. :Doh:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
reversing camers

that's where she went

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
REversing

Hi

""Rear view cams are great for watching a trailer .. I wouldn't depend on it reversing"".

Neither would I. But a "useful tool" all the same. Especially when avoiding the garage when parking up!!!. (or not running over wardens on CC sites!!)

pete

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hi

Neither would I. But a "useful tool" all the same. Especially when avoiding the garage when parking up!!!. (or not running over wardens on CC sites!!)

pete

Don't they allow you a better aim ? :ROFLMAO:

Phil.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back