reversing / sideview cameras ? (2 Viewers)

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
as my original b/w reversing camera set up has finally give up, i have decided to get a new colour set up off ebay . as usual nowadays , nothing is straightforward, so any advice is appreciated . there appears to be a choice of 2 metal square box type cameras ,one is CAMOS and the other is CCD [ the latter apparently gives a slightly clearer image, esp at night ?] the kit ive been looking at actually comes with 2 cameras that each give a 120 degree view . so as i only need to fit one of these cameras at the rear for backing up and my van being LHD, i was thinking of fitting the other camera on the R/H mirror stem to help me at some roundabouts and junctions in the UK . so can anyone tell me, would this angle of lens be suitable for this and perhaps more importantly, as the cameras are predominately to give a rear view mirror image, would this type of camera be even suitable for looking to the side so to speak or can they be set to suit the image required ? cheers garry

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I have the CCD Twin Camera with a 7" rear view monitor, I can highly recommend, one camera 90 degree shows the rear view when driving , any more than 90 and it is hard to judge the distance of following traffic, and the other camera 120 degrees for reverse parking, I didn`t have that wired into my reverse gear, as I now have the option of using which camera I want in any given situation, the twin cameras are next to each other on a bracket, doubt whether one can be set to show side view, someone may be along who knows different.

Regards,
Margaret

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
thanks margaret , i looked at the duo lens type like yours originally but i figured that as i already had a general rear traffic view via my cab mirror and lounge window i might be able to make better use of 2 seperate cameras . how do you find the IR night view ? regards garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back