Reversing Cameras

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alan.watson, Jan 23, 2011.

1. alan.watson

alan.watson Read Only Funster

Have had a wireless reversing camera for a year and 9 times out of 10 I have to wait for the screen to settle down before its of any use. Tried all different locations but now think purchase of a wired unit would be better.

Does anyone have any experience of those supplied by "parkingcameras.com" which has the screen attached to the internal rear view mirror - which in our case is unusable except for very small rear window.

I am thinking of having an always on camera - so I can always see whats behind and not just when reversing.

I know there are some excellent £200 - £400 devices on the market - but these come in at £100 - £130 which is more suitable to our pocket.

Any suggestions, recommendations.

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I got a super wired camera/monitor 7" screen multi swtichable inputs from hong kong via fleabay £60 ish quid and its brill.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/P32-7-LCD-Col...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item53e5cdae58

same as I have not the same supplier. Been using mine 12 months no problems.

3. alan.watson

alan.watson Read Only Funster

Thanks for this - looks interesting. My only thought with the ones that hook onto Interior Rear View Mirror is that you can leave there and its not an encouragement to a Thief to break the Windows and "nick" a 7" Monitor Screen - as they have done when I left my SatNav on sucker in Window one time.

4. Wildman

its on a fold down bracket so you lay it flat or remove it entirely as I do.

5. carl65

carl65 Funster

i have a wireless camera and thinking of going hard wired, there was a great little stand on the last show he was selling cameras you have the rest thats all you need a camera and wire then just plug into exiting screen you have e bay have some good one as well mind weight 3 weeks from china but well worth the wait,

6. keith

keith Funster

I bought one of THESE off Ebay & Velcoed it to my mirror, stick the camera inside the back window & it works great.

Fitted it before we left for Spain & found it a great help, I can even reverse my small trailer now. I could never manage to reverse a small trailer behind the MH as it is impossible to see it, but with the camera no problems.

7. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Reversing Cameras?

At the risk of missing the point entirely; I am always reluctant to use technology when a human solution is the better option.

When which ever one of us is reversing the van, the co driver gets out and acts as guide. This offers much more of an all round view and also gives clear and precise instructions (well most of the time?):Rofl1:

I only offer this as a solution rather than spending ££££s on what will always be a second best solution.

Good luck in your search.

Norman of Normanandsue

8. Wildman

I think you are missing the point Norman, they can and usually are left on all the time giving you a first class rear veiw when driving. Reversing a trailer becomes easier as you can now see it and backing up to your toad, allows precision docking Magic.

9. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Also Norman, just to further Rogers reply....Which I agree with...mine and I think they all do, have sound / mic inbuilt into the camera...... so even if your partner is watching you reversing, it helps to have that extra vision of the camera, and a bonus to hear what he or she is saying on in built screen speakers next to you... and reversing any trailer / toad,... its a must.:thumb:

Mel:thumb:

10. poppys

poppys Read Only Funster

This looks great value for the money,was it difficult to fit,is the camera on the outside,did you run the cable inside or out.Sorry for all the questions but SWMBO is worried about my ability to fit it without drilling holes everywhere.:RollEyes:

11. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Sent you a PM poppys - don't fear the fitting!