Reversing Cameras (1 Viewer)

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
Have had a wireless reversing camera for a year and 9 times out of 10 I have to wait for the screen to settle down before its of any use. Tried all different locations but now think purchase of a wired unit would be better.

Does anyone have any experience of those supplied by "parkingcameras.com" which has the screen attached to the internal rear view mirror - which in our case is unusable except for very small rear window.

I am thinking of having an always on camera - so I can always see whats behind and not just when reversing.

I know there are some excellent £200 - £400 devices on the market - but these come in at £100 - £130 which is more suitable to our pocket.

Any suggestions, recommendations.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I know there are some excellent £200 - £400 devices on the market - but these come in at £100 - £130 which is more suitable to our pocket.

Any suggestions, recommendations.
I got a super wired camera/monitor 7" screen multi swtichable inputs from hong kong via fleabay £60 ish quid and its brill.
Link Removed

same as I have not the same supplier. Been using mine 12 months no problems.

OP
OP
A

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for this - looks interesting. My only thought with the ones that hook onto Interior Rear View Mirror is that you can leave there and its not an encouragement to a Thief to break the Windows and "nick" a 7" Monitor Screen - as they have done when I left my SatNav on sucker in Window one time.

I got a super wired camera/monitor 7" screen multi swtichable inputs from hong kong via fleabay £60 ish quid and its brill.
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i have a wireless camera and thinking of going hard wired, there was a great little stand on the last show he was selling cameras you have the rest thats all you need a camera and wire then just plug into exiting screen you have e bay have some good one as well mind weight 3 weeks from china but well worth the wait,

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I bought one of THESE off Ebay & Velcoed it to my mirror, stick the camera inside the back window & it works great.

Fitted it before we left for Spain & found it a great help, I can even reverse my small trailer now. I could never manage to reverse a small trailer behind the MH as it is impossible to see it, but with the camera no problems.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Reversing Cameras?

At the risk of missing the point entirely; I am always reluctant to use technology when a human solution is the better option.

When which ever one of us is reversing the van, the co driver gets out and acts as guide. This offers much more of an all round view and also gives clear and precise instructions (well most of the time?):ROFLMAO:

I only offer this as a solution rather than spending ££££s on what will always be a second best solution.

Good luck in your search.

Norman of Normanandsue

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
At the risk of missing the point entirely; I am always reluctant to use technology when a human solution is the better option.

Norman of Normanandsue
I think you are missing the point Norman, they can and usually are left on all the time giving you a first class rear veiw when driving. Reversing a trailer becomes easier as you can now see it and backing up to your toad, allows precision docking Magic.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I think you are missing the point Norman, they can and usually are left on all the time giving you a first class rear veiw when driving. Reversing a trailer becomes easier as you can now see it and backing up to your toad, allows precision docking Magic.

Also Norman, just to further Rogers reply....Which I agree with...mine and I think they all do, have sound / mic inbuilt into the camera...... so even if your partner is watching you reversing, it helps to have that extra vision of the camera, and a bonus to hear what he or she is saying on in built screen speakers next to you... and reversing any trailer / toad,... its a must.:thumb:

Mel:thumb:

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Link Removed

This looks great value for the money,was it difficult to fit,is the camera on the outside,did you run the cable inside or out.Sorry for all the questions but SWMBO is worried about my ability to fit it without drilling holes everywhere.:RollEyes:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
This looks great value for the money,was it difficult to fit,is the camera on the outside,did you run the cable inside or out.Sorry for all the questions but SWMBO is worried about my ability to fit it without drilling holes everywhere.:RollEyes:

Sent you a PM poppys - don't fear the fitting!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back