kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi , the wife & I recently got back from a short trip to germany,the plan was to look at a couple of private ads & take it from there, but unfortunately nothing took our fancy so we came home to search another day.Has luck would have it we came across a Bessacarr e 760 not 10 mins from where we live (a relative of one of our friends who live in the same village ).Jean fell in love with the layout, but I have to admit i was a little worried about the size with it being 24ft lonnnnnngggggg. ( our last van was a little hymer 534)Anyway we done the deal & are now the proud owner of daisy the bessie.o_O My question is:: she has what i believe a camera eye mounted on the top of the back end but no screen in the cab?( the previous owner could`nt shed any light,he said that`s how it came when he bought it) would she be pre -wired up for cab screen and if so where would be a good place to source one?.She`s an 04 reg.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Might not be the same but we have an AT and the reversing camera shows up on the radio console when reversing.

Reactions: kip

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi , the wife & I recently got back from a short trip to germany,the plan was to look at a couple of private ads & take it from there, but unfortunately nothing took our fancy so we came home to search another day.Has luck would have it we came across a Bessacarr e 760 not 10 mins from where we live (a relative of one of our friends who live in the same village ).Jean fell in love with the layout, but I have to admit i was a little worried about the size with it being 24ft lonnnnnngggggg. ( our last van was a little hymer 534)Anyway we done the deal & are now the proud owner of daisy the bessie.o_O My question is:: she has what i believe a camera eye mounted on the top of the back end but no screen in the cab?( the previous owner could`nt shed any light,he said that`s how it came when he bought it) would she be pre -wired up for cab screen and if so where would be a good place to source one?.She`s an 04 reg.
Guess it would be unusual to fit a rear view \ reversing camera without a monitor to view the output.
If no permanent display on the radio (as per irnbru) does it just come on when reverse gear selected?
Has the previous owner removed a clip-on rear view mounted monitor with the cabling still behind the mirror?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hobbytwo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
Since 2008
As the camera is there, a cable all the way to the front will also no doubt be there although maybe tucked up behind the head lining or central dashboard somewhere. You'll need to find that lead in order to check the connector which at one time would have been fitted to a monitor. Have a look at or reversingcameras .co.uk where you'll find lots of accessories(including pictures) to help you identify what is needed. I've got a very small monitor which is fitted on to your rear view mirror, or in place of it, but dashboard mounted ones are also available.

OP
OP
kip

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the replies,i`ll have a rummage around the dashboard/headlining sometime after work tommorow.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Are you sure you actually have a camera? Our swift has a plastic housing ready for a camera to be installed but we haven't got round to having one fitted yet.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back