Reversing Camera.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by kip, Jun 12, 2015.

1. kip

kip Funster

Hi , the wife & I recently got back from a short trip to germany,the plan was to look at a couple of private ads & take it from there, but unfortunately nothing took our fancy so we came home to search another day.Has luck would have it we came across a Bessacarr e 760 not 10 mins from where we live (a relative of one of our friends who live in the same village ).Jean fell in love with the layout, but I have to admit i was a little worried about the size with it being 24ft lonnnnnngggggg. ( our last van was a little hymer 534)Anyway we done the deal & are now the proud owner of daisy the bessie.o_O My question is:: she has what i believe a camera eye mounted on the top of the back end but no screen in the cab?( the previous owner could`nt shed any light,he said that`s how it came when he bought it) would she be pre -wired up for cab screen and if so where would be a good place to source one?.She`s an 04 reg.

2. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Might not be the same but we have an AT and the reversing camera shows up on the radio console when reversing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Guess it would be unusual to fit a rear view \ reversing camera without a monitor to view the output.
    If no permanent display on the radio (as per irnbru) does it just come on when reverse gear selected?
    Has the previous owner removed a clip-on rear view mounted monitor with the cabling still behind the mirror?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hobbytwo

Hobbytwo Read Only Funster

As the camera is there, a cable all the way to the front will also no doubt be there although maybe tucked up behind the head lining or central dashboard somewhere. You'll need to find that lead in order to check the connector which at one time would have been fitted to a monitor. Have a look at www.parkingcameras.com or reversingcameras .co.uk where you'll find lots of accessories(including pictures) to help you identify what is needed. I've got a very small monitor which is fitted on to your rear view mirror, or in place of it, but dashboard mounted ones are also available.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kip

kip Funster

Thanks for the replies,i`ll have a rummage around the dashboard/headlining sometime after work tommorow.

6. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  7. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Are you sure you actually have a camera? Our swift has a plastic housing ready for a camera to be installed but we haven't got round to having one fitted yet.

Paul