Reversing Camera - where are the wires (1 Viewer)

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having just purchased my new 2007 Hymer I made the assumption that because it had a Reversing camera mounted on the rear that it was wired in and working, Wrong. To be fair the dealer never said it had one some it was my mistake. Anyway, now I want to try and wire this camera into my S7000 Sat nav system, which according to the literature I can. Trouble is when I look inside the MH on the rear wall there are shelving units and looking behind them, as best I can, I can't seem to see any wires emerging through the wall for the revering camera.

I assume that when fitting these things the wires must come from outside into the MH somewhere. Any ideas of where else to look or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Peter

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Pretty sure as it has no separate screen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
What about the radio? If it is double-din it may be that the screen displays the camera output. Ours came with a rearview camera (which I didn't fit as I already have one)

Wyn

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not necessarily an indicator.
When we bought our van the screen for the wireless (number plate) camera (Streetwise SWRC70) was just attached to the driver's sun shade and powered by a lead to the socket in the dash. When we had a wired camera and screen installed I took the screen out but left the camera in place because it wasn't worth removing.

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a picture of the reversing camera but don't know how to post it on here.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The camera on the back of my Autotrail was ( is ! ) crap.
I wanted to replace it using the existing loom.. Could I find the original wires ? Could I heck
I even phoned Autotrail who were, to be fair, as helpful as they could be, but in the end even they had to admit they did not know where the wires had been run !
I ended up running my own wires :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
In the hope that they had been fitted i would first remove the camera, if I found wires, I would be looking in the roof lining and Windscreen pillars of the drivers cab for the other end and under the dash

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just a thought as I don't know but could the wires run in the back wall with the high level brake light wire

OP
OP
R

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to all who replied. I stumbled across the original invoice for the installation of the camera in some documentation i found in the MH. I them found some wires leading from the inside of the MH to under the dash. Now just have to figure out what wire should go where. Still haven't found where they come from the back of the MH but not an issue now:)

Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back