Reversing Camera Solutions, Camera only not a Kit. (1 Viewer)

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
A quick explanation as to why time and cash are not plentiful to solve this problem. Yesterday I decided to fix the poor aerial reception on the radio of our Hymer 575 2004. It has a Clarion VRX848RVD fitted (remember this bit) which also has a screen for satnav and DVD playback. As I was taking apart some of the dash I decided to fit a tracker, now that I am taking apart more and more of the dash I have decided to fit a reversing camera while access to wiring is easy.
I was originally looking at a tilting camera but all the ones I have been able to find are either in kits or are about the same price as some kits so now I am looking at a twin camera. I am looking for the camera only as I already have a screen but this only takes one feed. The one I am looking at comes with a twin cable so I would need to combine this into one feed via a switch, either automatically as engage reverse or manually.
I would be interested to know how others have overcome this problem, specifically using the existing screen from the head unit with it's single feed.
I have until Friday the 16th to complete all jobs as I doubt I would be in the good books if we tried to travel with the cab in its current state.
Thanks for any advice.

Barry.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Use a simple changeover switch or a relay operated by a reversing light feed. You will have 3 video coax connections to the relay or switch: output to monitor; input from camera 1; input from camera 2. Choose a switch or relay that keeps the coax inners close together and bind all 3 coax outers together. Both cameras can be powered from an ignition-switch-controlled feed - it's just the outputs that are switched. Put the switch or relay into a metal box connected to the coax outers.

OP
OP
B

Barry72

Free Member
Jun 20, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Contacted the supplier of the camera and they can supply a manual switch but suggests that the picture will only be available when reversing due to the way the head unit is set up. Surely it would depend on a signal received so it would just be a case of finding out what voltage is applied or removed to give the signal, mimic that and hey presto it works all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back