Free Member
May 10, 2015
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
im a newbie
Hi All, im wanting to put a reversing camera on our "new to us" Cheyenne, two questions, how do I attach the camera, and where do I put the cables, best route ect, new to motorhomes but competent to do this with your knowledge!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours are high up on the rear, one looking behind and one straight down. The cables run through the rear wall ( sealed) then down inside the wardrobe and out again under the MoHo, clipped to a chassis rail then up into the cab through a grommet.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I fitted one to our Cheyenne.
Camera fitted as high as possible at rear. Ran cable into rear lockers then clockwise through the other lockers at the top where there are gaps for the lights & wiring.
This saved making unnecessary holes.
Then over the top of the hab door behind the control panel, then down the wardrobe(following existing wiring).
Then took off the plastic step trim in cab, left a coil of excess cable under there, then up to dashboard through a rubber grommet.
Then to camera screen.
Job done. (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
So do I just drill through the outer skin, insulation, and inner skin, to the inside? This is my main worry!
Yep you do, no other way I'm afraid. Good quality sealant though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geoff Wilson

Geoff Wilson

Free Member
May 10, 2015
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
im a newbie
ok so twin camera coming today, I have two questions if anyone can help, do I bolt the camera right through to the inside or use security screws through the outer skin only, and are there any areas to avoid when drilling the connecting cable through the body, just afraid of the unknown!

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
I screwed the camera bracket onto the outer skin only, I put a little sikaflex adhesive in the holes & on the back of the bracket to ensure it stayed in place & left no chance of water getting past the screws.
As for where to drill for the cable, this needs to be fairly central, high enough to be of use & away from any obvious chance of hitting any other wiring.
Seal with sikaflex all the way throughout, at least from both sides.
This will completely seal the hole & prevent the cable moving in the hole.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back