LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Can I have some info on what type/make reversing camera some may have, this will help with my concerns about lack of rearward vision on forthcoming Spain trip.
Steve

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
My TEC Freetec is fitted with a Waeco reversing/rear view camera. I think it's about a 6 ins screen and can be used as a rear view when travelling which is great as I have no rear window. ::bigsmile:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Last year I decided that my single Waeco reversing camera was not providing a fgood enough rear view and rather than spend in excess of £600 pn a new twin lens system - so that I could both see to reverse and have a long range one for rear view when driving - I bought a twin lens system from . For just over £200.

Delighted with the result - excellent picture quality and the long range rear view one provides for a more relaxing drive (I have a solid back wall)

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i use one of these in the rear bumper, 120' colour and night vision wired into my sat nav.:thumb:
my van is pre wired for reversing camera but with it in the rear bumper its easy to run a wire along the chassis and up into the back of the dash from the engine compartment. £40.:thumb:

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Last year I decided that my single Waeco reversing camera was not providing a fgood enough rear view and rather than spend in excess of £600 pn a new twin lens system - so that I could both see to reverse and have a long range one for rear view when driving - I bought a twin lens system from . For just over £200.

Delighted with the result - excellent picture quality and the long range rear view one provides for a more relaxing drive (I have a solid back wall)

Mike

Thanks for the post, I have ordered one today should be here tomorrow.
Steve

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years

Mike

Hi today received and fitted camera as mention above. And have to agree very good and thank you for the info.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
i use one of these in the rear bumper, 120' colour and night vision wired into my sat nav.:thumb:
my van is pre wired for reversing camera but with it in the rear bumper its easy to run a wire along the chassis and up into the back of the dash from the engine compartment. £40.:thumb:

Where can we get one please Phil?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
If God meant you to have rearward vision, you would have eyes in the back of your head!::bigsmile:

We cheat with a Guardian Automotive system. It even has sound so we can hear the crunch of the rear bumper when it hits something!:cry:

There is always the technique employed by Spitfire pilots when taxiing, you can weave as you reverse, leaving no blind spots!::bigsmile:

Sorry to not be much help, this is Motorhome Fun!!!!!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back