reversing a small trailer problems (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
look at the bottom of this advert looks good you can lift out of the way when not using the motorhome you will not need one that big for the motor bike /scooter

Link Removed

Mel:thumb:

Me I would still go for two swivel wheels...but make it so that could be made into a mono if I had a puncture....

Last edited:

scept1c

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Holywood
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You can try CMF engineering (Link Removed) they sell one with dual wheels and are UK based.
Deno

Edited - Sorry looked into it further and they have a sideways mounted trailer but not with the swivelling wheels.

Deno mentioned CMF Engineering. They can make racks to order, it may be worth talking to them, they may be able to make one with swiveling wheels for you.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
says in the blurb it can be used for hauling a smart car......no it cant.

it will be over the magic 750kg and has no brakes. !!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Eaylifter had 2 of these at the NEC show last year both built on the Hydraulic Easylifter Motorcycle rack. He claimed he was waiting for Type Approval I think and reckoned they would be available within a few months and appeared to be taking orders.

It was a beefed up version of his hydraulic lifter with a single heavy duty castor type wheel. The jack fitted in a cradle and was removable when the wheel was fitted thus giving it a bit of suspension. The great thing was you could pop the jack back in and give it a couple of pumps and then drop the wheel out so no wheel to make ruts when on grass plus it could be lowered to the floor for loading and unloading. He also claimed that even with a 250kg bike on it the weight on the towball was 50kgs max because the wheel was under the bike so taking most of the load which I think was much better than all these trailers as the wheels are several feet back.

I was very impressed and keen to see one in use. Since last year I've spoken to him twice to find out when they will be on the market but each time he comes up with an excuse. Last time he was too busy to start production, strange after all the money he spent getting this close, so its obviously something else may be a patent I don't know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back