Reverse Light Switch Cable

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dubiousp, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

Ive just bought, and i have to say quite impressed a reverse camera and monitor off ebay. Quite impressed with the quality so will continue to fit on my van, so heres the question my Elddis is on a boxer chassis 09 does anybody know what colour in the front loom the reverse switch is.

Thanks in advance:Eeek:

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Why not give it a permanently live feed from the ign and use it as a rear view on all the time unit when the engine is running
    Geo

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. keith

keith Funster

That's what I did with mine, best way and I wouldn't be without it now. :thumb:

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

In the drivers side dashboard fuse box at the bottom is a multi plug with lots of wires in it, one of them is green and this has a reverse light signal on it, check it out with a meter or LED test lamp.

D.

5. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Which one did you buy please?

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I picked up a live from the feed to the fridge.. Only goes live when the engine is running, easy to pick up as it will be behind the outside fridge vent, and much easier to run as it is a lot closer to the rear than the cab is !

7. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Perhaps a naive question but if the monitor is designed for a reversing camera - ie intermittent use - would using the monitor full time reduce the life expectancy of the monitor?

Norman

8. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

I have the option on mine as it is built in..... on when in reverse....or... on on when the ignition comes on....I have it on all the time the ignition is on....

The one I have fitted from Rapido there multimedia station the high-tech Pioneer built into the dashboard , HD, video, cd/dvd player,radio,usb,sd,reversing camera, with a 5.8 LCD touch screen user interface...nice piece of kit :thumb:

Mel

9. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I would suggest it does no harm at all, maybe even better than multiple on and offs
    I have a PC in the garage on 24/7 CCtv for about 6 years now, its the only one that hasn't given grief:Doh:

10. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

Reversing Camera

Thank you for all the responses, I've been away this week so will try and locate the wire in the fuse box. That said I did take the first bit of advice and picked up alive feed For the monitor and paralleled the reverse signal. The effect is that now when I turn the ignition on the monitor starts with the revers screen so I have the option of turning off. In addition I've picked a a live at the rear of the van for the camera.

In response to the unit I bought there are many around cheap and expensive to be honest for what you would need it for which is really just a sanity check I went for this cheap one of fleabay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190670432477?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm quite impressed with it, the monitor Has a very clear image which surprised me, the camera gives a good image the only downside is the chrome finish but hay could always change the camera if I wanted

Many thanks