Reverse camera falling off the screen (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Reverse camera has fallen of the bloody screen yet again... Auto sleeper saw fit to hang the reverse camera on the mount where the mirror usually goes. It fell of some weeks ago so I stuck it back using the correct pad and it's off again.

I bet I'm not the first this has happened too !!! So what is the answer ? Has anyone a reccomedation for a sticky pad that works or ideas where the screen could be mounted somewhere else ? I have the screen permanently on so could do with sorting it ASAP ..

Thanks !

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sikaflex it Charlie wedge it over night
It wont fall of again

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Stick pads....pfftt !
Waste of time.

This stuff is guaranteed to work.

It contains a Glass cleaning wipe, which MUST be used, a small sheet of perforated gauze and a tube of glass bond superglue.

Cut the gauze to the exact shape of the mount, clean the screen around where it will be mounted.
Once you reach this stage you need to work quickly.
Spread a little glue evenly on the pad and lay on the gauze in the glue.
Spread more glue on the gauze and ensure it is well covered....use the spreader provided.
Carefully press the base to the glass and hold in place for (from memory) 30 seconds....NO SECOND CHANCE AFTER ITS STUCK.

Last one I did lasted 5 years and was still on when I sold the.car.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I got a kit from our local windscreen replacement co. much like @pappajohn described.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Stick pads....pfftt !
Waste of time.

This stuff is guaranteed to work.

It contains a Glass cleaning wipe, which MUST be used, a small sheet of perforated gauze and a tube of glass bond superglue.

Cut the gauze to the exact shape of the mount, clean the screen around where it will be mounted.
Once you reach this stage you need to work quickly.
Spread a little glue evenly on the pad and lay on the gauze in the glue.
Spread more glue on the gauze and ensure it is well covered....use the spreader provided.
Carefully press the base to the glass and hold in place for (from memory) 30 seconds....NO SECOND CHANCE AFTER ITS STUCK.

Last one I did lasted 5 years and was still on when I sold the.car.

The problem with double sided tape, no matter how good, is the glue gets hot on the windscreen glass and loses its adhesion strength.

PJ is correct. I used 3M VHB for the dashcam in the Jaaag and usually failed after a month or two. Loctite (other brands are available) glass glue did the trick

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
PJ is correct. I used 3M VHB for the dashcam in the Jaaag and usually failed after a month or two. Loctite (other brands are available) glass glue did the trick

Cheers. I've ordered both products on the basis the 3M tape will come in handy anyway but will use the Loctite if it's that good.

I wondered if anyone had come up with an alternative place to mount the reverse screen ?

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
I viewed a used Kemerton yesterday and the owner had removed the rvm mount completely and had the screen hard wired and located in the right hand corner of his dash.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was once surprised to be advised "under no circumstances use ordinary superglue on a screen" something to do with the glue being so rigid it can stress and crack the screen.

It was a good while ago.

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
Another option might be to call into local autoglass depot and ask a technician to glue it . Cant imagine they would charge much but possibly unlikely to offer any warranty re potential stress cracks mentioned above as its not their screen they are attaching to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back