LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know how far you want to travel. The ones that @Carol took hers too seem to be the ones with most recommendations.

When she sees ghis I am sure she will tell you.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We used A1 Trimmers over by Leeds. A family business they replaced all upholstery and curtains in 1 day. I could pick faults with the detail of the work but for what we paid (approx £400), I wouldn't complain and the overall appearance was worth the money.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Another vote for Regal at Ilkeston, they did a great job on our Auto Sleeper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
We are having ours completely reupholstered at Regal this month

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There are many upholsterers around the country, which all seem to charge the same sort of prices but Regal have risen to the top over the last few years for quality, speed and selection of materials.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've used careavan and Regal .
A vote for Regal from us too.

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
Another vote for Regal. We had all our upholstery redone by them last month and we are delighted with both the quality and the price.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
regal are the boys . mine as been done 17yrs and only fault i have is the last couple of winters away some of the buttons are now falling out . but it as been used for 5-6 months solid every year and very often slept on etc . very often get 8 people sat on the two long benches when my truck is the pub on a quiet wild camp.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I rang Regal yesterday and they were very helpful.
They have quoted £300 per front seat in full leather but I'm not sure how comfortable they would be in hot weather.
Would re- using the original fabric panels be a better option?
DSC01829.JPG

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
They are good at half leather which is the best of both worlds. But be prepared when you get there you will be asked to choose your fabrics/leather etc and their stock is huge, we were not prepared for the amount of choice and if you get it wrong there is no one to blame but yourself.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I rang Regal yesterday and they were very helpful.
They have quoted £300 per front seat in full leather

I've just had another look at my seats and what a con.
I'd always thought they were proper upholstered real special MoHo seats
They are just removable covers over standard Fiat seats with a sponge infill over the head rest - conned by the MoHo manufacturer.
£300 for a seat cover now sounds like a lot of money.

What can be wrong with these?? Even if they they match my original
material they are not going to be £300 each!!!

DSC01993.JPG

DSC01992.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01991.JPG
    DSC01991.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01991.JPG
    DSC01991.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
but in leather?

I've removed all the cover from the two front seats now and taking them to a local re-upholster on Monday, although it could be simpler contacting the ebay makers as they will have the patterns.
It seems to me that once you have the Ducato seat cover patterns, it is a doddle to make new replacements covers.
All the seats from 2006 will be pretty much the same.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Are there any more recommendations. I have approached three companies and am not happy with any of them.
Regent seem to be the most professional but I can't help feel they are far too expensive.
I've removed all the existing seat covers on both seats in less than half an hour. If you assume it takes an hour to stitch up the covers from existing patterns, (then to be generous and assume £75 for materials) at £50 an hour I can only get it to £200 per seat.
What put the cherry on the cake was after being quoted £300 per seat, I was then told it was all PLUS VAT!
I don't what percentage of their customers are trade and VAT registered but it really gets my goat when any retail company quotes less VAT prices.
So now the already over priced covers are going to cost me a further £120 - £720 in total for two seat covers.

Now tell me that's not a ripoff

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Can you wash existing ones ? or buy ready made covers like your ones you've removed . I bought some when we changed our van last year
We didn't really care for colour of seats etc but no way were we going to pay for new upholstery after getting a nice van.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Can you wash existing ones ? or buy ready made covers like your ones you've removed

The worst side of driver's seat - just with sliding in and out of the van
In real terms they have had only 2 1/2 years wear - not good enough for a MoHo that is so expensive. My 10 year old car seats are perfect in comparison

DSC02001.JPG
DSC02002.JPG

These are custom made covers made by Burstner and need to match the rest of the vans upholstery.
I've taken them to a local upholsterer today who is happy to make replacements and suggested the only way to avoid the marks and wear is by replacing the vinyl with leather - perfect. No price yet but she was gob smacked with my other quotes. I'm going back Friday when she has the leather samples. I can leave one seat set with her to get the patterns and start making them while we are away for a couple week after this weekend.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
The worst side of driver's seat - just with sliding in and out of the van
In real terms they have had only 2 1/2 years wear - not good enough for a MoHo that is so expensive. My 10 year old car seats are perfect in comparison

View attachment 164512 View attachment 164513

These are custom made covers made by Burstner and need to match the rest of the vans upholstery.
I've taken them to a local upholsterer today who is happy to make replacements and suggested the only way to avoid the marks and wear is by replacing the vinyl with leather - perfect. No price yet but she was gob smacked with my other quotes. I'm going back Friday when she has the leather samples. I can leave one seat set with her to get the patterns and start making them while we are away for a couple week after this weekend.
,we've put sheepskins on top of ours dunelm do a beige colour doesn't show marks .

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We've used careavan twice now. I'd use them again.

I contacted Careavan for a quote and it is almost the same quote as for factory (non matching) replacements from Burstner, who I have previously told to wear a mask in future.

PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF VAT Re-upholstery of 2 cab seats in half leather, half fabric with 4 x armrests
Delivery
Voucher
Carriage
Foam
Fabrics and products you selected
£1,076

Its making the two seat covers from Regent look cheap at £720 and it seems to include carriage so would I be expected to fit them.

I'm sure I can do better.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'm sure I can do better.

My local upholstery lady has just rung to say my seat covers are ready.
She has cut the old cover to pieces to make the patterns.
She has removed the fabric inserts that match all my other Burstner seats and sewed them back into the new real leather covers.
The cost is £60 per seat including the two arms, plus £50 for the whole leather hide. Total cost £170 (no vat)
Bit better than the other lowest quote of £720.
I will need to spend a bit of time refitting them to the Fiat seats but an hour should cover it.

Shop local, especially if you live in South Yorkshire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back